Porter Wagoner tribute, Sad Americana article

  • Jason Gross
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2007
      Greetings,

      In the latest issue of Perfect Sound Forever
      <http://www.perfectsoundforever.com>, you'll find (among other things):

      SAD AMERICANA
      Not quite Achy-Breaky
      "Regardless of whether or not you agree with the superlatives
      presented here, the point of all this gunk is this: these songs are
      great because of what they embody. Painful, but never melodramatic,
      reflective, but never unaware of the present, alleviated, but never
      forgetful of the tribulations that came before. This is longing and
      desolation done right."

      PORTER WAGONER
      RIP- a tribute
      "It was the quintessential showbiz moment, and Porter Wagoner was
      playing right along. There he was, on stage at the Grand Ole Opry
      being feted for celebrating fifty years... as a member of country
      music's most venerated institution, being serenaded by Dolly Parton to
      the truly heart-tugging strains of her hit "I Will Always Love You,"
      the song she wrote for Porter on the occasion of their partnership's
      dissolution three decades before. And Porter, the original rhinestone
      cowboy... was eating it up. "

      We're always looking for good writers and/or ideas so let us know if
      you have anything to share. Happy holidays and we'll see you in '08
      (when we'll have our best of '07 music lists!).

      See you online,
      Jason