Playlist: "Viva le Mock" 11/9/07

  • Mock the DJ
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2007
      It's been awhile since I posted a playlist...but all playlists are archived at: www.wrct.org

      Stevie Wonder was in town last night, so instead of seeing him live, I figured, I'd just put him under the Mocklight.

      -The Mockster

      WRCT 88.3 fm
      5000 Forbes Ave.
      Pittsburgh, Pa 15213

      Program: Viva le Mock
      Date: 11-09-2007; 9p - 1a
      The Mock: Stevie Wonder

      Artist -- Song (Original Artist) [comments]

      Lou Reed -- My Name is Mok
      The Affordable Floors -- Temptation (New Order)
      Covenant -- Ritual Noise
      Stereo Total -- Miss Rebellion Des Hormones
      Air Miami -- I Hate Milk

      Die Kruezen -- Pink Flag (Wire)
      Miroslav -- Twenty Nine Days
      The Rapture -- Confrontation
      Zero Zero -- True Zero
      Poole -- Glumb

      Nirvana -- Here She Comes Now (The Velvet Underground)
      Afghan Whigs -- Come See About Me (Holland/Dozier/Holland)
      [Not sure to credit this to the Supremes, or Gladys Knight...as Gladys' version came out 2 years before the Supremes]
      T. Rex -- Metal Guru*
      Ian Hunter -- Stretch
      Social Distortion -- Ball and Chain
      Joan Jett -- Crimson & Clover (Tommy James & the Shondells)

      The Victims -- Head
      Dead Boys -- Caught with the Meat in Your Mouth
      The Cynics -- Coming Round My Way
      The Who -- Boris the Spider
      The Dilettantes -- Ready to Go

      Jerry Reed -- When You're Hot You're Hot
      Steve Earle -- Oxycontin Blues
      BJ O'Malley -- Not That Kind of Girl
      Loretta Lynn -- Fist City
      Hank Thompson -- The Wild Side of Life
      [Hank succumbed to lung cancer this week]

      Gogol Bordello -- Sacred Darling*
      Tandy -- Far From Home
      The Silos -- I'm Over You
      Death Cab For Cutie -- I Was a Kaleidoscope
      Ten Years After -- The Stomp*

      Frampton Brothers -- I'm in Love with the Label Rep
      [@ 31st St. Pub 11/10]
      Charlie Chesterman -- Bread & Butter (Frampton Bros)
      The Breakup Society -- I Don't Give a Damn About the Sun
      [@ 31st St. Pub 11/10]
      The Dirtbombs -- I Started a Joke (Bee Gees)
      Matt Pond PA -- Winterlong (Neil Young)

      John Cale -- Dead or Alive*
      Tom Jones -- Honky Tonk Woman (Rolling Stones)
      Black Francis -- Bluefinger
      Poster Children -- He's My Star
      Tall Dwarfs -- Nothing's Going to Happen

      Calvin Johnson & the Sons of the Soil -- Banana Meltdown
      Robyn Hitchcock -- The Man Who Invented Himself
      Neutral Milk Hotel -- In the Aeroplane Over the Sea

      THE MOCK: Stevie Wonder
      [All songs credited to S. Wonder, although he did not write all of them]
      Me First and the Gimme Gimmes -- Isn't She Lovely (S. Wonder)
      Murphy's Law -- Ebony and Ivory (S. Wonder & P. McCartney)
      The Beach Boys -- I Was Made to Love Her (S. Wonder)
      Paul K and the Weathermen -- Jesus Children of America (S. Wonder)
      Peter Frampton -- Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours) (S. Wonder)
      Copeland -- Part-Time Lover (S. Wonder)
      Bonnie Tyler -- Living for the City (S. Wonder)
      Patti Smith -- Pastime Paradise (S. Wonder)
      Petra Haden & Bill Frisell -- I Believe (S. Wonder)
      Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble -- Superstition (S. Wonder)
      Desmond Dekker -- For Once in My Life (S. Wonder)
      The Ventures -- Uptight (Everything's Alright) (S. Wonder)
      The Red Hot Chili Peppers -- Higher Ground (S. Wonder)

      Wild Carnation -- Rising Tide
      Thurston Moore -- Honest James
      Okkervil River -- Savannah Smiles
      Nick Drake -- Blues Run the Game