Playlist: "Viva Le Mock" 8/10/07

  • Mock the DJ
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 12 9:27 AM
      Yes...we had lots of rain in Pittsburgh this week...
      Yes...Lee Hazlewood died this week...
      Yes...Merle Travis went under the Mocklight on my program...

      WRCT 88.3 fm Pittsburgh, PA
      www.wrct.org

      Date: 08-10-2007
      Time: 9p-1a

      The Mock: Merle Travis

      Artist -- Song (Original Artist) [comments]

      Lou Reed -- My Name is Mok
      The Silos -- Start the Clock
      The Polyphonic Spree -- Get Up and Go
      The Polyphonic Spree -- The Fragile Army
      Robert Pollard -- Come Outside
      Black Moth Super Rainbow -- Forever Heavy

      Love and Rockets -- Waiting for the Flood
      Camper Van Beethoven -- Sad Lover's Waltz (live)
      Cagney and Lacee -- Six Feet of Chain (Lee Hazlewood)
      Luna -- Slide
      Violent Femmes -- I Hear the Rain

      Gear Daddies -- Dream Vacation
      The Shaggs -- My Pal Foot Foot
      Freakwater -- War Pigs (Black Sabbath)
      Mary Lou Lord -- Speeding Motorcycle (Daniel Johnston)
      Magnapop -- Skinburns

      Tommy Keene -- Hanging Over My Head
      The Breakup Society -- Introduction to Girls
      [@ Gooski's 8/11]
      Superdrag -- My Day (Will Come)
      The Undertones -- Get Over You
      John Doe -- The Golden State

      Luca -- Sick of Love
      [Nick Luca is touring with John Doe as his guitar/keyboard player]
      Fugazi -- The Waiting Room*
      Karl Hendricks Rock Band -- The Last Uncompromising Hardcore Band
      The Cult -- Rain
      Hellacopters -- Her Strut (Bob Seger)

      Placebo -- Every You Every Me*
      Salena Catalina -- I Love You Blake Schwarzenbach
      Lemonheads -- Skulls (The Misfits)
      Galaxie 500 -- King of Spain, Part Two
      The Sea And Cake -- Crossing Line

      Jawbreaker -- Want
      Dinosaur Jr. -- Almost Ready
      The Mooney Suzuki -- You Never Really Wanted to Rock 'N' Roll

      The Gothees -- Daily Nightly (Monkees)
      [@ 31st St. Pub 8/11]
      Underwater Culprit & The House Of Assassins -- Life's Greatest Fool
      [@ 31st St. Pub 8/11]
      The Stanley Brothers -- A Man of Constant Sorrow
      Midtown Dickens -- A.M.
      Beagle Brothers -- When I Hit the Bottle
      [@ Howler's 8/12]

      Duane Eddy -- Rebel Rouser (Eddy/Hazlewood)
      The Detroit Cobras -- If You Don't Think (James Brown)
      Mary Timony -- Curious Minds
      Saturnine -- Neither Lost Nor Stayed
      The Bottle Rockets -- Radar Gun*
      [@ The Rex 8/10]

      Goodbye Mr. MacKenzie -- The Rattler
      [Shirley Manson's pre-Garbage band]
      Spooner -- The Rainy Days
      [Butch Vig's pre-Garbage band]
      Graham Parker -- Stick to the Plan
      They Might Be Giants -- They Might Be Giants
      [From the album, 'Flood' (if you were trying to keep track of the 'water'
      themed songs throughout the playlist)]
      Son Volt -- L Train

      THE MOCK: MERLE TRAVIS
      Johnny Cash -- Dark as a Dungeon (Merle Travis)
      Townes Van Zandt -- Nine Pound Hammer (Merle Travis)
      Devil in a Woodpile -- Steel Guitar Rag (Merle Travis)
      Nine Pound Hammer -- Hayseed Timebomb
      Bad Livers -- Cannonball Rag (Merle Travis)
      Holler -- No Vacancy (Merle Travis)
      Tennessee Ernie Ford -- Sixteen Tons (Merle Travis)
      The Handsome Family -- Barbara Allen (Merle Travis)

      Love Tractor -- I Broke My Saw
      Love -- Alone Again Or
      Arrested Development -- Raining Revolution*
      Ween -- Dr. Rock
      The Stooges --- My Idea of Fun

      Blake Babies -- Lament*
      The Delgados -- Sucrose
      Lesley Gore -- Sunshine Lollipops and Rainbows

      *requests

      Tease your brain--play Clink! Win cool prizes!