Playlist: "Viva Le Mock" 6/1/07

  • Mock the DJ
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2007
      June 1, 2007 marked the 40th anniversary of the release of Sgt. Pepper's,
      so, why not mock the entire album, start to finish? (And nothing was taken
      from the Bee-Gee's LP!)

      WRCT 88.3 fm
      Pittsburgh, PA
      wrct.org

      Program: Viva le Mock
      Date: 06-01-2007

      The Mock: Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

      Artist -- Song (Original Artist) [comments]

      Lou Reed -- My Name Name is Mok
      [Lou Reed was at the Warhol on 5/31 promoting his new exhibit/book]
      The Stooges -- No Fun
      Galaxie 500 -- Tugboat
      [Dean Wareham was DJing at Lou Reed's opening reception at the Warhol]
      Peter Bjorn and John -- Objects of My Affection
      Jarvis Cocker -- Big Julie
      Low -- I Started a Joke (Bee Gees)

      The Silos -- Behind Me Now
      Steve Wynn -- Drag
      Fountains of Wayne -- Someone to Love
      Superdrag -- Extra-Sensory
      Nirvana -- Here She Comes Now (Velvet Underground)

      Ted Leo/Pharmacists -- The Sons of Cain
      The Shins -- Phantom Limb
      James -- How Was It For You?*
      Simple Minds -- Bring on the Dancing Horses (Echo & the Bunnymen)
      Hey Mercedes -- The Promise (When in Rome)

      Daniel Johnston -- The Beatles
      Paleface -- Burn and Rob
      Cropduster -- People Person
      Reid Paley Trio -- Take What You Want
      The Gun Club -- She's Like Heroin to Me

      Clap Your Hands Say Yeah -- Satan Said Dance
      Wreckless Eric -- Take the Cash
      Teen Riot -- Summertime Girl
      The Goldstars -- One + One
      Forbidden 5 -- Hypnotic Eye

      R.E.M. -- Animal*
      Englands Glory -- City of Fun
      The Mighty Lemon Drops -- Rollercoaster
      Jane's Addiction -- Rock 'N' Roll (Velvet Underground)
      Midge Ure -- The Man Who Sold the World (David Bowie)
      Lohio -- Oh No! Priscilla!
      Ass Ponys -- Dollar a Day
      Nilsson -- Everybody's Talkin' (Fred Neil)

      Mice Parade -- Double Dolphins on the Nickel
      Joanna Newsom -- Colleen
      Clodhopper -- 1000 Days of Shame
      The Deliberate Strangers -- Satan Your Kingdom Must Come Down
      The Minders -- Same Time, Same Place
      Hooters -- Concubine
      Pleasurecraft -- Equals to X

      THE MOCK: SGT. PEPPER'S LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND
      The Three Wize Men -- Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (The Beatles)
      Wet Wet Wet -- With a Little Help From My Friends (The Beatles)
      Bill Murray -- Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds (The Beatles)
      The Wedding Present -- Getting Better (The Beatles)
      747s -- Fixing a Hole (The Beatles)
      Billy Bragg -- She's Leaving Home (The Beatles)
      Bikeride -- Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite (The Beatles)
      Patti Smith -- Within You Without You (The Beatles)
      Chin Up Chin Up -- When I'm Sixty-Four (The Beatles)
      Fats Domino -- Lovely Rita (The Beatles)
      The M's -- Good Morning Good Morning (The Beatles)
      The Three Wize Men -- Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise) (The
      Beatles)
      Robyn Hitchcock -- A Day in the Life (The Beatles)

      Kirsty MacColl -- Perfect Day (Lou Reed)
      Kristin Hersh -- Under the Gun
      Clem Snide -- Mike Kalinsky
      Sham 69 -- Family Life
      The Dictators -- (I Live For) Cars and Girls*
      The Original Sins -- She's on My Side

      * Requests