Mary Timony interview

  • Jason Gross
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2007
      Greetings,

      In the latest issue of Perfect Sound Forever
      online music magazine
      <http://www.perfectsoundforever.com>, you'll find (among other things):

      MARY TIMONY
      Her post-Helium life
      "The Shapes We Make is the title of Mary Timony's
      newest record, and it's a fitting title for a
      musician whose oeuvre is ever changing. Since her
      first album with her band Helium, she's created a
      sound that draws equally on harsh, serrated
      musical textures and the lyrical, otherworldly
      aspects of—surprise!—art rock. Without, of
      course, songs about elves or side-long album suites."

      We're always looking for good writers and/or
      ideas so let us know if you have anything to share.

      See you online,
      Jason

      Perfect Sound Forever- online music magazine
      since 1993- now new and semi-improved!
      <http://www.perfectsoundforever.com>
      MySpace Page: <http://www.myspace.com/perfectsoundmagazine>
      Crazed by the Music blog: <http://www.popmatters.com/pm/blogs/crazedbythemusic/>