Playlist: "Viva Le Mock" 5/25/07

  • Mock the DJ
    Message 1 of 1 , May 27, 2007
      The start of the summer term always marks an anniversary with me and WRCT.
      This time around, it was #8.

      WRCT 88.3 fm
      Pittsburgh, PA
      wrct.org

      Date: 05-25-2007
      The Mock: 8th Anniversary

      Artist -- Song (Original Artist) [comments]

      Lou Reed -- My Name Name is Mok
      [@ The Warhol 5/31]
      Reid Paley Trio -- Yr Polish Uncle
      Forbidden 5 -- Chop You Up
      [@ Excuses 7/7]
      The Woggles -- Rock and Roll Backlash
      The Goldstars -- No Friend of Mine (The Sparkles)

      Bow Wow Wow -- Do You Wanna Hold Me?
      Even in Blackouts -- One Fine Day (The Chiffons/Carole King)
      Velocity Girl -- Audrey's Eyes
      [Sarah Shannon @ Club Cafe 7/2]
      Ride -- Taste
      Kristin Hersh -- In Shock
      [@ Club Cafe 5/26]

      Volcano Suns -- White Elephant
      Moby -- That's When I Reach for My Revolver (Mission of Burma)
      Wire -- 12XU
      Age of Chance -- Kiss (Prince)
      Jawbox -- Cornflake Girl (Tori Amos)

      Miroslav -- Twenty Nine Days
      Silkworm -- Low Blow
      Jawbreaker -- Chesterfield King
      Face To Face -- Don't Change (INXS)
      Eddie and the Hot Rods -- Do Anything You Wanna Do*

      Fred Schneider -- Coconut* (Nilsson)
      The Cars -- Shoo Be Doo
      Suicide -- Ghost Rider
      Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds -- Tupelo
      Jarvis Cocker -- Black Magic
      Joan Jett -- Crimson and Clover (Tommy James & the Shondells)

      Nash Kato -- Dirty Work (Steely Dan)
      The Box Tops -- Cry Like a Baby
      Gob Iron -- Nicotine Blues
      Lohio -- Fainting Goats
      [@ Lava Lounge 5/31]
      Matt Pond PA -- Measure 3
      Pixies -- I Can't Forget (Leonard Cohen)
      Titania -- Outdoor Miner (Wire)

      Robbie Fulks -- I Told Her Lies
      [@ Club Cafe 6/22]
      Fruit Bats -- A Dodo Egg
      Camper Van Beethoven -- Where the Hell is Bill?
      Shonen Knife -- Top of the World (The Carpenters)
      Violent Femmes -- Nightmares
      Clifford Nevernew -- Cover Banned

      Stereolab -- Ping Pong
      Heavenly -- Cool Guitar Boy
      Yo La Tengo -- You Can Have it All
      The Shins -- Sleeping Lessons
      The Caulfied Sisters -- Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want (The
      Smiths)
      Patti Smith -- Helpless (Neil Young)
      The Silos -- Keeping Score

      THE MOCK: 8th Anniversary
      Sunny Day Real Estate -- 8
      Five Eight -- God Damn It Paul
      Graham Parker -- Anniversary
      Elliott Smith -- Somebody That I Used to Know
      [From the album, "Figure 8"]
      Cranes -- Eight
      8 Eyed Spy -- You Twist I Shout
      Heavy Vegetable -- Eight
      The Rodeo Carburettor -- 8
      Husker Du -- Eight Miles High (The Byrds)
      Judge Dread -- Big Eight
      Cowboy Junkies -- Anniversary Song
      Taco -- After Eight
      OP8 -- Sand (Lee Hazlewood)

      The Bat Mastersons -- Poison Tribe
      Squeeze -- Pulling Mussels (From the Shell)
      Chris Mills -- Escape From New York
      The Verlaines -- Take Good Care of It
      The Jesus and Mary Chain -- Happy When It Rains

      * requests

      Make every IM count. Download Messenger and join the i�m Initiative now.
      It�s free. http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=TAGHM_MAY07