Re: [fearnwhiskey] Mark Eitzel live

  • RICHARD BRAZIER
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 30, 2007
      It's still going on with the album now set for release in beginning of 2008,
      it was gonna be released this fall but put back. Sadly Danny & Tim are no
      longer involved so its just Mark & Vudi at the moment with a couple of new
      guys.
      I heard the demos while travelling with Mark on tour & they sound pretty
      good.

      The American Music Club/Mark Eitzel archive
      http://www.geocities.com/rsjbraz/AmericanMusicClubArchive.html

      http://www.geocities.com/richbraz/musictrading.html

      Message 2 of 11 , May 1, 2007
        Is the band name that much more marketable than Eitzel's own that they'd
        still use it in this context? Odd.

        Message 3 of 11 , May 1, 2007
          Yeah its a tricky one, the AMC name does seem to carry more weight than Mark
          solo but it does bother me a bit that neither of them are involved though
          sadly it seems unavoidable.
          Having said that AMC existed almost before Tim joined (1991) and there are
          many members of AMC that have come and gone in past (Tom Mallon, Mike Simms,
          Lisa Davis,Bruce Kaphan to name just a few) so not completely new though
          hard to imagine Danny not being there.

          So my emails are working,I didn't think my emails were going through here at
          moment!

          The American Music Club/Mark Eitzel archive
          http://www.geocities.com/rsjbraz/AmericanMusicClubArchive.html

          http://www.geocities.com/richbraz/musictrading.html

          >From: "Carl Z." <zimm28@...>
          >To: fearnwhiskey@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [fearnwhiskey] Mark Eitzel live
          >Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 16:09:53 -0400
          >
          >Is the band name that much more marketable than Eitzel's own that they'd
          >still use it in this context? Odd.
          >
          >On 4/30/07, RICHARD BRAZIER <richard_brazier@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > It's still going on with the album now set for release in beginning of
          > > 2008,
          > > it was gonna be released this fall but put back. Sadly Danny & Tim are
          >no
          > > longer involved so its just Mark & Vudi at the moment with a couple of
          >new
          > >
          > > guys.
          > > I heard the demos while travelling with Mark on tour & they sound pretty
          > > good.
          > >
          > > The American Music Club/Mark Eitzel archive
          > > http://www.geocities.com/rsjbraz/AmericanMusicClubArchive.html
          > >
          > > http://www.geocities.com/richbraz/musictrading.html

          Could you be the guest MSN Movies presenter? Click Here to Audition
          http://www.lightscameraaudition.co.uk
          Message 4 of 11 , May 1, 2007
            For some reason, Richard, Yahoo Groups is holding your mail as spam. I
            release it when I check the website.

            Pearson, Vudi, and Eitzel were the three constants in the band from the
            beginning; the reunion without Kaphan made sense (though a huge part of
            AMC's sound, he wasn't a full-time member until Everclear, and even Mooney
            went back further -- albeit temporarily -- with the band), but just with
            Vudi -- hell, Vudi was on The Invisible Man. What's really surprising is
            Mooney sparked the most recent reunion and produced Love Songs at his
            studio...

            So who's the rest of the band now? Has Kristen Sobditch joined up?

            Message 5 of 11 , May 2, 2007
              Hey Carl,thanks,explains why I can't post to Firefly at moment either.
              Anyway Danny now seems to be in Chuck Prophets band and Tim is
              working/producing in his studio.
              It's possible something may be resolved but can't be sure.
              Kristin isn't involved at moment as far as i know though she did play with
              Mark when he performed as the Lost Anchors last year which also included Dan
              & Jen from Court & Spark on backing vocals.
              I think Jason who replaced Marc Capelle on the last AMC tour will be
              providing keyboards etc.

              If anyone didn't know Mark is selling another live cd called 10 Years Of
              Tears that we compiled from lots of live shows over last 10 years, only 500
              of them and currently available from Decor records.
              http://www.decorrecords.com/

              Message 6 of 11 , May 2, 2007
                Thanks for that, Richard. I'd like to hear Pearson and Prophet's voices
                together.

                Mark's made a decent living with those small-run releases over the past 10
                years...