Re: [fearnwhiskey] Mark Eitzel live

  • RICHARD BRAZIER
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 30, 2007
      It's still going on with the album now set for release in beginning of 2008,
      it was gonna be released this fall but put back. Sadly Danny & Tim are no
      longer involved so its just Mark & Vudi at the moment with a couple of new
      guys.
      I heard the demos while travelling with Mark on tour & they sound pretty
      good.

      The American Music Club/Mark Eitzel archive
      http://www.geocities.com/rsjbraz/AmericanMusicClubArchive.html

      http://www.geocities.com/richbraz/musictrading.html

      >From: "Carl Z." <zimm28@...>
      >To: fearnwhiskey@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [fearnwhiskey] Mark Eitzel live
      >Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 14:32:10 -0400
      >
      >I haven't heard any news either way, but AMC is typically a slow-moving
      >beast...maybe we'll see a disc in 2009.
      >
      >On 4/27/07, marlowe5 <marlowe5@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Any word on whether the AMC "comeback" is still in play or over?
      > >
      > > Tom

      Could you be the guest MSN Movies presenter? Click Here to Audition
      http://www.lightscameraaudition.co.uk
    • Andy Benham
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 30, 2007
        As well as Wolverhampton, I also saw Mark play in Brighton just before
        Christmas. No mention of AMC at either show. Perhaps, more
        significantly, over the 2 shows he only played 3 new songs. Maybe there
        are more new songs out there but as Carl says they don't do anything
        quickly.

        Andy

        Message 3 of 11 , May 1, 2007
          Is the band name that much more marketable than Eitzel's own that they'd
          still use it in this context? Odd.

          Message 4 of 11 , May 1, 2007
            Yeah its a tricky one, the AMC name does seem to carry more weight than Mark
            solo but it does bother me a bit that neither of them are involved though
            sadly it seems unavoidable.
            Having said that AMC existed almost before Tim joined (1991) and there are
            many members of AMC that have come and gone in past (Tom Mallon, Mike Simms,
            Lisa Davis,Bruce Kaphan to name just a few) so not completely new though
            hard to imagine Danny not being there.

            So my emails are working,I didn't think my emails were going through here at
            moment!

            Message 5 of 11 , May 1, 2007
              For some reason, Richard, Yahoo Groups is holding your mail as spam. I
              release it when I check the website.

              Pearson, Vudi, and Eitzel were the three constants in the band from the
              beginning; the reunion without Kaphan made sense (though a huge part of
              AMC's sound, he wasn't a full-time member until Everclear, and even Mooney
              went back further -- albeit temporarily -- with the band), but just with
              Vudi -- hell, Vudi was on The Invisible Man. What's really surprising is
              Mooney sparked the most recent reunion and produced Love Songs at his
              studio...

              So who's the rest of the band now? Has Kristen Sobditch joined up?

              Message 6 of 11 , May 2, 2007
                Hey Carl,thanks,explains why I can't post to Firefly at moment either.
                Anyway Danny now seems to be in Chuck Prophets band and Tim is
                working/producing in his studio.
                It's possible something may be resolved but can't be sure.
                Kristin isn't involved at moment as far as i know though she did play with
                Mark when he performed as the Lost Anchors last year which also included Dan
                & Jen from Court & Spark on backing vocals.
                I think Jason who replaced Marc Capelle on the last AMC tour will be
                providing keyboards etc.

                If anyone didn't know Mark is selling another live cd called 10 Years Of
                Tears that we compiled from lots of live shows over last 10 years, only 500
                of them and currently available from Decor records.
                http://www.decorrecords.com/

                Message 7 of 11 , May 2, 2007
                  Thanks for that, Richard. I'd like to hear Pearson and Prophet's voices
                  together.

                  Mark's made a decent living with those small-run releases over the past 10
                  years...