WBNY Alumni Weekend Playlist

  • Kevin J. Hosey
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 19, 2007
      I had a great time doing my two-hour shift on WBNY 91.3 FM Alumni
      Weekend from 6-8 p.m. Saturday, April 14. I appreciate my lovely wife
      Val coming in with me and helping with information, music and the
      phones, and I appreciate the telephone calls from people listening over
      the airwaves and online. I changed things a bit this year and played
      newer local and national music, and found the strength to play no
      Clash, Gang of Four, Sex Pistols, PiL, Hank Williams, X, Jason and the
      Scorchers, Husker Du and the Replacements from back in my days at WBNY
      in 1984-1985. Here, in order, is the music I played between nasal
      warblings:

      6-7 p.m. - Elvis Costello and Alan Touissant, Tears, Tears and More
      Tears; Honky Tonk Confidential, Hangover Boogie; Tom Waits, Lie to Me;
      Willie Nile, Cell Phones Ringing (In the Pockets of the Dead); Jim
      Whitford, Poison in the Well; Loomer, Bang the Nails; Stoll Vaughan,
      Alright; Graham Parker, I Discovered America; The Silos, Top of the
      World; Mike Oliver, Little Miss Oblivious; The Ramrods, I Got a Full
      Tank of Gas/I'm in Love with My Car (live); Mark Norris and the
      Backpeddlers, Walk Out; Steve Wynn and the Miracle 3, Wired.

      7-8 p.m. - The Flaming Lips, The Yeah Yeah Yeah Song; Rosanne Cash,
      Black Cadillac; This Is Now, Planet Why; Terry Sullivan, Blow Out on
      the Thruway; The Old Sweethearts, Arms of the Town; Kathleen Edwards,
      Hockey Skates; The Bottle Rockets, Better than Broken; Mark Knopfler
      and Emmylou Harris, Red Dirt Girl (live); The Transonics, Get On!; The
      Bird Circuit, Maryann and the Bridge; Rob Lynch, Smoking Accident; Los
      Lobos, Done Gone Blue.
      Sadly, I ran out of time while "Last Seen in Gainesville" by Audrey
      Auld Mezera was sitting in the CD player.

      Damn, I wish I got to do it more than once a year.

      Kevin
      http://Buffaloroots.com
      www.buffaloroots.blogspot.com
    • Kevin J. Hosey
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 25, 2007
        My review of last week's Lucinda Williams show at the University of
        Buffalo Center for the Arts is posted at http://Buffaloroots.com, as
        are a couple new CD reviews.

        Kevin