Roy Buchanan, George Soule articles

  • Jason Gross
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2007
      Greetings,

      In the latest issue of Perfect Sound Forever
      online music magazine
      <http://www.perfectsoundforever.com>, you'll find (among other things):

      ROY BUCHANAN
      "Greatest unknown guitarist"
      "As a guitar player myself, I felt a little bit
      ashamed: how did I managed to miss that guy?!
      Like most other electric guitarists, I always
      thought that it couldn't get more soulful than
      Hendrix but now I wasn't so sure- Buchanan
      drastically melted his soul into his guitar. If
      you'll listen his song "The Messiah Will Come
      Again" and it does not touch you deep inside,
      then you probably don't have a soul."

      GEORGE SOULE
      Funky drummer
      "Considered as myth, or, better yet, as a test of
      the soul-music auteur theory, the career of
      George Soule might seem like a triumph of the
      sideman, a shadow achievement. Although he's
      highly regarded as a songwriter, his best-known
      performance finds him singing and playing drums
      on African-American songwriter George Jackson's
      "Get Involved." A top-40 R&B hit in 1973, "Get
      Involved" became a rallying cry for black
      Americans in that year of Richard Nixon, and
      Soulé, a skinny white guy from southeast
      Mississippi, got a call to play the Apollo."

      We're always looking for good writers and/or
      ideas so let us know if you have anything to share.

      See you online,
      Jason

      Perfect Sound Forever- online music magazine
      since 1993- now new and semi-improved!
      <http://www.perfectsoundforever.com>
      MySpace Page: <http://www.myspace.com/perfectsoundmagazine>
      Crazed by the Music blog: <http://www.popmatters.com/pm/blogs/crazedbythemusic/>