Playlist: "Viva Le Mock" 2/23/07

  • Mock the DJ
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 24, 2007
      WRCT 88.3 fm
      Pittsburgh, PA
      wrct.org
      "Viva Le Mock" Fridays 9p - 1a

      The Mock: The Shangri-La's

      Artists -- Song (Original Artist) [comments]

      Lou Reed -- My Name is Mok
      The Lemonheads -- Poughkeepsie
      Jets to Brazil -- Air Traffic Control
      United States Three -- Put Your Arms Down
      [Frontman, Vess Ruhtenberg is currently on tour as a Lemonhead]
      Ultra Vivid Scene -- Special One

      Tanya Donelly -- River Girls
      Pit Er Pat -- Seasick (Hang Ten)
      Sparklehorse -- Return to Me
      Fruit Bats -- Filthy Water

      The Black Watch -- Autoportrait
      The Psychedelic Furs -- Mr. Jones
      Guided By Voices -- Choking Tara
      Bright Eyes -- Devil Town (Daniel Johnston)
      Superchunk -- Seed Toss

      Graham Coxon -- Don't Let Your Man Know
      New York Dolls -- Who are the Mystery Girls?
      Pere Ubu -- Flames Over Nebraska
      [@ Club Cafe 4/7/07]
      Cake -- Stickshifts and Safetybelts
      Daniel Johnston -- My Life is Starting Over Again*

      Frampton Brothers -- Mr. Final Authority
      These Arms Are Snakes -- Horse Girl
      Deerhoof -- Matchbook Seeks Maniac
      Yo La Tengo -- Upside-Down
      Holiday -- Prostitutes in Town

      Old 97's -- Barrier Reef
      Merle Haggard -- Turnin' Off a Memory*
      X -- See How We Are
      The Horse Flies -- Human Fly* (The Cramps)
      [Caller actually wanted to hear Boy with Fish, a project featuring 2 former
      Horse Flies members]
      Robbie Fulks -- She Took a lot of Pills (and Died)

      Transvision Vamp -- Andy Warhol'd Dead*
      [2/22/07 was the 20th Anniversary of Warhol's death]
      Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark -- Women III
      The Hidden Cameras -- Heaven Turns To
      Love and Rockets -- Everybody Wants to Go to Heaven
      The Sadies -- The 3-B

      Cracker -- Shake Some Action (Flamin' Groovies)
      [@ The Rex 3/3]
      FSK -- Euro-Trash Girl (Cracker)
      Dean & Britta -- White Horses (British TV Show Theme)
      [@ Dowes on 9th 3/13]
      Juliana Hatfield -- Forever Baby

      Modern Allies -- Talk to Me
      Luca -- Sick of Love
      Lazy -- Let's Ignite Tonight
      The Business -- Drinkin' 'N' Drivin'
      Even in Blackouts -- In a Letter Never Sent

      The Endmen -- Puff (The Magic Dragon) (Peter, Paul & Mary)
      Camera Obscura -- I Need All the Friends I Can Get
      The Rubinoos -- Jennifer
      Ricky Nelson -- Hello Mary Lou

      THE MOCK: The Shangri-La's
      Neko Case -- Train from Kansas City (The Shangri-La's)
      Go-Go's -- Remember (Walking in the Sand) (The Shangri-La's)
      Shonen Knife -- Paradise (The Shangri-La's)
      [Written by Harry Nilsson. Was originally a Shangri-La's B-Side]
      Electric Light Orchestra -- Shangri-La
      Versus -- Shangri-La
      The Kinks -- Shangri-La
      God Is My Co-Pilot -- Out in the Streets (The Shangri-La's)
      The Husbands -- Never Again (The Shangri-La's)
      Twisted Sister -- Leader of the Pack (The Shangri-La's)

      The Flaming Lips -- The Yeah Yeah Yeah Song*
      The Pogues -- Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah
      Billy Bragg -- A13, Trunk Road to the Sea
      Uncle Green -- Make Something Happen
      Johnny Cash -- San Quentin (live)
      [JC's Concert at San Quentin was 2/24/69...38 years ago on this date]
      Alejandro Escovedo -- Gravity/Falling Down Again/Street Hassle (Lou Reed)
      [@ Club Cafe 3/31]

      * requests

      Don�t miss your chance to WIN 10 hours of private jet travel from Microsoft�