Playlist: "Viva Le Mock" 1/19/07

  • Mock the DJ
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4 3:07 PM
      I always dedicate a good portion of my first show of the new year to all the
      musicians and music industry professionals who passed away the previous
      year. The intent is to celebrate their lives and contributions to music.

      And because the mainstream media will always highlight the bigger names, I
      do my best to include many artists that may have slipped past the national
      and local news' headlines.

      The list is, in no way, all inclusive. I call the show, "Gone but Not
      Forgotten"

      -The Mockster

      WRCT 88.3 fm
      wrct.org

      01-19-2007
      Gone But Not Forgotten 2006

      Artist -- Song (Original Artist) [comments]

      Lou Reed -- My Name is Mok
      Swans -- Saved
      Buffalo Tom -- All Tomorrow's Parties (The Velvet Underground)
      Galaxie 500 -- Listen, The Snow is Falling (Yoko Ono)
      Ass Ponys -- Last Night it Snowed

      The Hi-Frequencies -- Sloppy Joe Pt II
      [@ Club Cafe 1/20]
      The Astronauts -- Baja
      Teen Riot -- Run Vickie Run (Arch Hall Jr. & the Archers)
      [@ Club Cafe 1/20]
      Man or Astro-man? -- U-Uranus
      Adamo Drive -- Kids
      [@ 31st St. Pub 1/19]

      Sweet -- Fox on the Run
      Joe Jackson -- One More Time
      The Undertones -- Get Over You

      GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN '06
      House of Freaks -- Rocking Chair
      [R.I.P. Bryan Harvey 1/1/06]
      Wilson Pickett -- I'm a Midnight Mover
      [R.I.P Wilson Pickett 1/19/06]
      Poison Idea -- Hard and Cheap
      [R.I.P. Tom Pig/Pig Champion 1/31/06]
      Roy Orbison -- Dream Baby
      [R.I.P. Cindy Walker 3/23/06 - Cindy wrote "Dream Baby"]
      Buck Owens -- I've Got a Tiger By the Tail
      [R.I.P. Buck Owens 3/25/06 & Bonnie Owens 4/24/06]

      Nikki Sudden -- Seven Miles
      [R.I.P. Nikki Sudden 3/26/06]
      Rose Tattoo -- T.V.
      [R.I.P. Pete Wells 3/27/06 & Ian Rilen 10/30/06]
      Beat Farmers -- Goldmine
      [R.I.P. Buddy Blue 4/2/06]
      The Wonder Stuff -- Welcome to the Cheap Seats
      [R.I.P. Martin Gilks 4/3/06]
      Johnny & the Hurricanes -- Red River Rock
      [R.I.P. Johnny Paris 5/1/06]

      The Go-Betweens -- Streets of Your Town
      [R.I.P. Grant McLennan 5/6/06]
      Built to Spill -- Car
      [R.I.P. Andy Capps 5/18/06]
      Desmond Dekker -- Israelites
      [R.I.P. Desmond Dekker 5/25/06]
      The Tubes -- Talk To Ya Later
      [R.I.P. Vince Welnick 6/2/06]
      New York Dolls -- Personality Crisis
      [R.I.P. Paul Nelson 6/06 - Paul was a music critic and the A&R guy who
      signed the New York Dolls to Mercury.]

      Cosmic Psychos -- Rain Gauge
      [R.I.P. Robbie "Rocket" Watts 7/1/06]
      Syd Barrett -- Baby Lemonade
      [R.I.P. Syd Barrett 7/7/06]
      Love -- Alone Again Or
      [R.I.P. Arthur Lee 8/3/06]
      The Knack -- Good Girls Don't
      [R.I.P. Bruce Gary 8/22/06]
      Screed -- Hearts Breaking
      [R.I.P. Eddie Sperry 9/06]

      Mars -- Puerto Rico Ghost
      [R.I.P. Nancy Arlen 9/17/06]
      Laughing Hyenas -- Here We Go Again
      [R.I.P. Larissa Strickland 10/8/06]
      The Runaways -- Cherry Bomb
      [R.I.P. Sandy West 10/21/06]
      Teen Riot -- Brand New Car
      [R.I.P. Jamie "Wanda" Ricker 11/11/06]

      The Dave Clark Five -- Bits and Pieces
      [R.I.P. Denny Payton 12/17/06]
      The Meat Purveyors -- Burning Love
      [R.I.P. Dennis Linde 12/22/06 - Dennis wrote "Burning Love"]
      James Brown -- I Got the Feelin'*
      [R.I.P. James Brown 12/25/06]
      Hot 8 Brass Band -- Get Up
      [R.I.P. Dinerral Shavers]