PLAYLIST: Fear & Whiskey 6/3/02

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2002
      Here's the playlist for tonight's episode of Fear & Whiskey, heard from
      7-9pm ET on 88.3fm in Pittsburgh and http://www.wrct.org over the internet.
      Past playlists are archived at http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/~cz28/fear.html .

      Carl

      ARTIST / SONG
      clarinet trio / translucent tones

      my morning jacket / o is the one that is real
      sinister luck ensemble / spit in the well
      boxstep / western exit
      nina natasia / that's all there is
      [A bit like Cat Power, Nastasia plays dark twangy acoustic songs.]

      barbara manning / before we go under
      [A cover of a very poppy Robert Scott/Magick Heads song.]
      silkworm / (i hope u) don't survive
      rocket from the tombs / sonic reducer
      consonant / that boston life
      tommy womack / whatever happened to cheetah chrome?
      [Womack, Lonesome Bob & One Riot One Ranger are among the acts playing
      Twangfest in St. Louis, <http://www.twangfest.org>.]

      kelly kessler / you are my sunshine
      [The most ominous arrangement of this song I've ever heard. Governor Davis
      would've never been elected had he sung it this way on the stump.]
      paul kelly / if i could start today again
      billy bragg / you woke up my neighborhood
      mission of burma / that's when i reach for my revolver
      drive-by truckers / women without whiskey

      camper van beethoven / june
      [@ the Knitting Factory, NYC, 7/18 & 7/19.]
      warren zevon / hit somebody!
      [For the Stanley Cup finals, even though I hate both teams.]
      chuck prophet / summertime thing
      elvis costello / ...dust
      kristin hersh / summer salt
      [@ Club Cafe 6/7.]

      alejandro escovedo / last to know
      [@ Point State Park 6/11.]
      peter case / north coast blues
      [@ Club Cafe 6/6.]
      one riot one ranger / on the right track now
      shiners / night owl
      lonesome bob / got away with it

      jim roll / handsome daniel
      tom waits / all the world is green
      paula frazer / watercolor lines
      [From the _Acuarela Songs_ compilation.]
      sid hillman quartet / dream your life away

      mark eitzel / help me make it through the night