Clip: Paul Westerberg Suffers Severe Hand Injury

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 26, 2006
      Ow.

      <http://billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003524697>

      Friend: Westerberg Suffers Severe Hand Injury
      Paul Westerberg
      December 22, 2006, 8:45 AM ET
      Jason MacNeil, Toronto
      Paul Westerberg severely injured his left hand and could be sidelined
      for an extended period of time. According to a blog posting from Jim
      Walsh, a Minneapolis writer and friend of the former Replacements lead
      singer, the accident occurred earlier this month.

      "A week or so again he put a screwdriver through his left hand trying
      to get some wax out of a candle and cut some nerves and ripped some
      cartilage and hurt himself pretty bad," Walsh says. "He's in a cast.
      He's seen a couple of doctors who say he won't be able to play guitar
      for a year."

      A spokesperson for Vagrant, for which Westerberg records, did not
      respond to a request for comment by deadline.

      The injury comes on the heels of a very productive 2006 for
      Westerberg. Aside from scoring and providing the soundtrack to the
      animated film "Open Season," he also reunited with his Replacements
      colleagues Tommy Stinson and Chris Mars for the first time in 15 years
      to record two new songs for the Rhino retrospective "Don't You Know
      Who I Think I Was? The Best of the Replacements."