Clip: Dead Moon Call It Quits

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 14, 2006
      <http://pitchforkmedia.com/page/news/Dead_Moon_Call_It_Quits#40170>

      Dead Moon Call It Quits

      After two decades and too many releases to count (on both hands
      anyway), Clackamas, Oregon garage rock institution Dead Moon have
      entered the new moon phase, and fans shouldn't expect another cycle to
      begin anytime soon.

      "After 20 yrs, Dead Moon is retiring," reads a message posted on the
      Sub Pop site earlier today. "It has been a journey we will always
      treasure and feel that a worldwide family has emerged in its place.
      Dead Moon became much bigger than the band itself, it became a DIY
      underground hopeful for a lot of people. The candle is still burning!

      --Fred Cole"

      Their official website, located here, is currently down (on purpose,
      perhaps?), so that's about all we can tell you for now. The
      disbandment follows Dead Moon's best-of two-disc set, Echoes of the
      Past, which was released via Sub Pop in September.
      Posted by Kati Llewellyn in breakup on Wed: 12-13-06: 04:52 PM CST