Clip: Wheat Return With Mini LP, Fourth Album

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2006
      <http://pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/40019/Wheat_Return_With_Mini_LP_Fourth_Album>

      Wheat Return With Mini LP, Fourth Album
      Taunton, Massachusetts' Wheat have returned from a three-year hiatus
      following 2003's Per Second, Per Second, Per Second... Every Second
      and their subsequent drop from Sony imprint Aware Records. Now they're
      a duo consisting of singer/guitarist Scott Levesque and drummer
      Brendan Harney, and they're getting back into action with two releases
      for their new label, Empyrean Records, scheduled for the coming
      months.

      The first is a mini-album titled That's Exactly What I
      Wanted...Exactly That, featuring five new songs, including "Little
      White Dove", a track from Wheat's upcoming full-length. Empyrean will
      release Exactly That exclusively online on December 15, and the label
      is also offering a limited edition package deal including the
      mini-album and a hand-numbered, silk-screened poster and a t-shirt,
      both designed by the band.

      As for the full-length, it's titled Everyday I Said a Prayer for Kathy
      and Made a One Inch Square (brevity is apparently not part of Wheat's
      vocabulary) and scheduled for a March 6 release. Empyrean will follow
      the album deluxe re-issues of the band's first two albums, Medeiros
      and Hope and Adams.

      Finally, at the carefully maintained fansite www.thiswheat.com, Wheat
      are allowing fans to download the original, "nude" versions of the
      songs on Per Second, which were recorded before the band signed with
      Aware/Sony.

      That's Exactly What I Wanted...Exactly That tracklist:

      01 What Everyone Keeps Telling Me
      02 Little White Dove
      03 Until It Takes
      04 That's Exactly What I Wanted...Exactly That
      05 Washing Machine Blues

      Everyday I Said a Prayer for Kathy and Made a One Inch Square tracklist:

      01 What You Got
      02 Move = Move
      03 Little White Dove
      05 Saint in Law
      06 I've Got Angels Watching Over Me
      07 Closeness
      08 To, As in Addressing the Grave
      09 Round in the Corners
      10 An Exhausted Fixer
      11 Courting Ed Templeton

      Posted by Dave Maher in EP, album, signing, audio on Wed: 12-06-06: 02:40 PM CST