Re: Early Stones lps -US vs UK?

  • Barry Mazor
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 5, 2006
      As of late, both US and UK versions are availabe in updated CD/SACD versions, and all sound
      prtety good. Personally, I find a mix of the early Stones US vs UK does it; the UK versions are
      usually better--something like Aftermath, for instance--but then, there ARE those US only
      LPs like "12x5" and they're the only way to get those familiar music combos.

      The other thing is,on many of the eariiest records you're better off with well-mixed, vital
      mono than with badly-conceived stereo, which says something for the "Singles Collection:
      The London Years" set of hits and B-sides as part of your early Stones mix.