Playlist: "Viva Le Mock" 12/1/06

  • Mock the DJ
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2006
      It's true...I haven't repeated a Mock in over 6 years...and still had yet to
      touch Big Star...until tonight.

      -The Mockster
      WRCT 88.3 fm Pittsburgh
      www.wrct.org

      Program: Viva le Mock
      Date: 12-01-2006
      The Mock: Big Star

      Artist -- Song (Original Artist) [comments]

      Lou Reed -- My Name is Mok
      The Dream Syndicate -- The Days of Wine and Roses
      D.J. Lebowitz -- Holiday in Cambodia (Dead Kennedys)
      The Wolverton Brothers -- Big West
      Camper Van Beethoven -- Tusk (Fleetwood Mac)

      The Twilight Singers -- Live with Me
      A.T.S. -- Porcelain Bus
      Carmaig de Forest -- Can I Die for You Baby?
      What Made Milwaukee Famous -- Judas
      Gang of Four -- I Love a Man in Uniform

      Laughing Hyenas -- Here We Go Again
      [R.I.P. Larissa Strickland]
      The Smears -- Don't Mess with Him
      The Slits -- Kill Them with Love
      The Rogers Sisters -- I Want the Life that Money Can Buy
      Some Girls -- Just Like the First Time

      The Leaving Trains -- Virginia City
      Clifford Nevernew -- Cover Banned
      The Wedding Present -- Falling (Julee Cruise)
      Magnolia Electric Co. -- A Little at a Time
      Nick Drake -- One of These Things First
      The Lesser Birds of Paradise -- Always the Sound

      Seven Speed Vortex -- Maginot
      [@ brillobox 12/9]
      The Gothees -- Green Sparkly Pen
      [CD release show @ brillobox 12/9]
      Borrowed Men -- She's Lost Control (Joy Division)
      Galaxie 500 -- Ceremony (Joy Division)
      Dramarama -- Work for Food (Acoustic)

      The Verlaines -- Take Good Care of It*
      The Gothic Archies -- Scream and Run Away
      Codeine -- Kitchen Light
      Califone -- Our Kitten Sees Ghosts
      Wire -- Strange

      Robyn Hitchcock & the Venus 3 -- Adventure Rocket Ship
      Game Theory -- Too Late for Tears
      The Push Kings -- Be Kind, Be Still, Be Near
      The Thermals -- Here's Your Future
      The Hold Steady -- Chips Ahoy!
      The Walkabouts -- Goodbye (To All That)

      THE MOCK: BIG STAR
      The Bangles -- September Gurls (Big Star)
      The Loud Family -- Back of a Car (Big Star)
      The Replacements -- Alex Chilton
      The Cogs -- For You (Big Star)
      Whiskeytown -- Give Me Another Chance (Big Star)
      The Jayhawks -- Big Star
      Magnapop -- Thirteen (Big Star)
      Penelope Houston -- Take Care (Big Star)
      Skywriter -- I'm In Love with a Girl (Big Star)
      Trip Shakespeare -- The Ballad of El Goodo (Big Star)
      I Am The World Trade Center -- Big Star
      This Mortal Coil -- Holocaust (Big Star)
      Teenage Fanclub -- Jesus Christ (Big Star)
      Scout -- Thank You Friends (Big Star)

      Icewater -- Feel
      [Pre-Big Star project w/Chris Bell]
      Peter Gabriel -- I Don't Remember
      Frank Black -- I'm Not Dead (I'm In Pittsburgh)
      Yo La Tengo -- The Story of Yo La Tengo

      * requests

      Get free, personalized commercial-free online radio with MSN Radio powered
      by Pandora http://radio.msn.com/?icid=T002MSN03A07001