Playlist: Viva Le Mock 11/10/06

  • Mock the DJ
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 13, 2006
      This may have been the first time I put a profession under the Mocklight,
      but thanks to the fact that I seem to know a lot of librarians, and future
      librarians, I decided that they were well worth mocking...

      -The Mockster
      WRCT 88.3 fm
      www.wrct.org

      Program: Viva le Mock
      Date: 11-10-2006
      The Mock: Librarian

      Artist -- Song (Original Artist) [comments]

      Lou Reed -- My Name is Mok
      Alternative TV -- Viva La Rock 'N' Roll
      Wire -- I Feel Mysterious Today
      Buzzcocks -- Everybody's Happy Nowadays
      The Damned -- Wait for the Blackout

      Spizz Energi -- Where's Captain Kirk?
      Sahara Hotnights -- Teenage Kicks (The Undertones)
      The Embarrassment -- Celebrity Art Party
      Great Plains -- Letter to a Fanzine
      Minutemen -- Corona

      The Green Pajamas -- Kim the Waitress
      The Decemberists -- O Valencia!
      Superdrag -- Sucked Out
      The Thermals -- Here's Your Future
      Elastica -- Generator*

      Elf Power -- Nothing's Going to Happen (Tall Dwarves)
      The Long Winters -- Rich Wife
      The Hissyfits -- Something Wrong 2001
      The Breeders -- Divine Hammer

      Sonic Youth -- Kotton Krown
      The Twilight Singers -- They Ride
      The Sid Presley Experience -- Cold Turkey (J. Lennon)
      [This band changed their name to: The Godfathers]
      Mission Of Burma -- All World Cowboy Romance

      Steve Wynn -- Graveyard Train (CCR)
      Bottle Rockets -- The Brooklyn Side -- 1000 Dollar Car*
      [@ Club Cafe 11/10]
      Cracker -- Everybody Gets One for Free
      The dB's -- Molly Says
      Curtis Stigers -- No Regrets (Tom Rush)
      Sally Timms and Jon Langford -- Down from Dover (Dolly Parton)

      Robyn Hitchcock & the Venus 3 -- Museum of Sex
      [@ The Rex 11/13]
      Frank Black -- Dirty Old Town
      Murder By Death -- Brother
      X -- The Hungry Wolf
      TV On the Radio -- I Was a Lover
      The Bran Flakes -- Good Times a Goo Goo

      Poster Children -- He's My Star
      Roxy Music -- Over You
      Tommy Keene -- Going Out Again
      Blur -- Oliver's Army (E. Costello)
      XTC -- Fireball XL5/Fireball Dub (Barry Gray)

      Stereolab -- Ping Pong
      Stereo Total -- Moviestar
      The Stranglers -- It Only Takes Two to Tango

      THE MOCK: Librarian
      Velocity Girl -- Lisa Librarian
      The Books -- Tokyo
      Elevator -- My Library in the Weeds
      The Evil Tambourines -- Library Nation
      Shriekback -- Lines from the Library
      Books Lie -- Empire Maker
      Railroad Jerk -- Sweet Librarian
      The Tinklers -- Library Song
      Hefner -- The Librarian
      The Librarians -- Peace & Quiet

      Syd Barrett -- Dark Globe
      Chickasaw Mud Puppies -- Cold Blue
      Bobby Bare Jr's Young Criminals' Starvation League -- Stop Crying
      Eleventh Dream Day -- Honeyslide
      T. Rex -- Cosmic Dancer*

      Elvis Costello and the Attractions -- Green Shirt*
      R.E.M. -- Time After Time (anneElise)
      U2 -- 40

      *requests

      Find a local pizza place, music store, museum and more�then map the best
      route! http://local.live.com?FORM=MGA001