Playlist: Viva Le Mock 11/3/06

  • Mock the DJ
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6 9:15 AM
      It was close enough to the full moon on Friday night, and the smell of
      Halloween candy was still in the air, so I decided to put "Werewolves" under
      the Mocklight...

      WRCT 88.3 fm Pittsburgh, PA

      Program: Viva le Mock
      Date: 11-03-2006
      The Mock: Werewolf

      Artist -- Song (Original Artist) [comments]

      Lou Reed -- My Name is Mok
      The Dream Syndicate -- Sure Thing
      Rain Parade -- Talking in My Sleep
      Bobby Bare Jr's Young Criminals' Starvation League -- Stop Crying
      Califone -- Spiders House

      Delays -- The Sun Aways Shines on TV (a-ha)
      Matthew Sweet -- Time Capsule*
      Game Theory -- Throwing the Election
      [Don't forget to vote on 11/7]
      Belle & Sebastian -- Mayfly
      Seu Jorge -- Rebel Rebel (David Bowie)
      Bill Murray -- More Than This* (Roxy Music)

      Frank Black -- I'm Not Dead (I'm in Pittsburgh)
      Billy Bragg -- A New England
      Bonnie Prince Billy -- Strange Form of Life
      Death Cab For Cutie -- For What Reason
      R.E.M. -- First We Take Manhattan* (Leonard Cohen)

      Tuxedo Moon -- 59 To 1*
      Kraftwerk -- Radio-Activity
      Einsturzende Neubauten -- Kalte Sterne*
      Diamond-Fist Werny -- Snow Falling Thru Smoke

      Devo -- Uncontrollable Urge
      The Thermals -- Power Doesn't Run on Nothing
      The Breeders -- So Sad About Us (The Who)
      Bettie Serveert -- What Goes On (The Velvet Underground)
      Mekons -- Chivalry

      The Cure -- Close to Me (Remix)
      Yo La Tengo -- Beanbag Chair
      Modern Allies -- Talk to Me
      The Little Ones -- Let them Ring the Bells
      Cropduster -- People Person

      Decibully -- Rid of Me at Last
      [@ Brillobox 11/4]
      The Decemberists -- The Crane Wife
      Cagney & Lacee -- Six Feet of Chain (Lee Hazlewood)
      [Featuring Dean Wareham of Luna's (now ex-) wife]
      Luna -- Anesthesia
      Felt -- Sunlight Bathed the Golden Glow*
      The Jesus and Mary Chain -- Sometimes Always*

      Translator -- Everywhere That I'm Not
      Richard Hell -- Love Comes in Spurts
      The Jim Carroll Band -- Catholic Boy
      Tim Carroll -- After the Hurricane
      Camper Van Beethoven -- Eye of Fatima (Pt. 1 & 2) (live)

      Deerhoof -- Queen of the Lake
      Brainiac -- Vincent Come on Down
      O-matic -- Smoke Cigarettes
      [O-matic's Michele Bodine was an original member of Brainiac]
      Mclusky -- Day of Deadringers

      THE MOCK: Werewolf
      The Dillinger Escape Plan -- Sunshine the Werewolf
      Rye Coalition -- Cocaine Werewolf
      Jad and David Fair -- Werewolf
      My 3 Scum -- Werewolf By Night
      Southern Culture on the Skis -- Werewolf
      The Tragically Hip -- I'm a Werewolf, Baby
      We're Wolves -- The Cigarette Basment
      Cat Power -- Werewolf (Holy Modal Rounders)
      Black Velvet Band -- Werewolves of London (Warren Zevon)

      Pinback -- Avignon
      The Long Winters -- Ultimatum
      The Takeovers -- Insane/Cool It
      Kim Fowley -- Dancing All Night