this week's new releases & reissues

    Message 1 of 53 , Oct 10, 2006
      Culled from AMG:
      <http://allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&token=&sql=23::641~T1>. The Fat
      Freddy's Drop disc was a huge hit (I think the best-selling
      independent CD) in New Zealand in 2005 and made my Top 10 list that
      year.

      Artist Album Label Genre
      Muhal Richard Abrams/George Lewis/Roscoe Mitchell Streaming
      Pi Recordings Jazz
      Austin Lounge Lizards Listen Now! Drugs I Need Buy Now!
      Blue Corn Music Country
      Derek Bailey/Cyro Baptista Derek Buy Now! Amulet Jazz
      The Be Good Tanyas Listen Now! Hello Love Buy Now!
      Nettwerk Rock
      Jack Bruce Bird Alone Buy Now! United States
      Dist Rock
      Eric Burdon Tobacco Road Buy Now! United States
      Dist Rock
      Solomon Burke Listen Now! Soul Lucky Buy Now! Music
      Avenue R&B
      Rhys Chatham Chatham: Two Gongs Table of the
      Elements Classical
      Chavez Listen Now! Better Days Will Haunt You Buy Now!
      Matador Rock
      George Clinton Listen Now! Take It to the Stage Buy Now!
      Music Avenue R&B
      Fat Freddy's Drop Based on a True Story Electronica
      The Fix Listen Now! At the Speed of Twisted Thought... Buy
      Now! Touch & Go Rock
      Fleetwood Mac Listen Now! Madison Blues Buy Now! Recall Rock
      Funkadelic Mastercuts Buy Now! Mastercuts /
      Artist R&B
      Wayne Hancock Listen Now! Tulsa Buy Now! Bloodshot Country
      Shooter Jennings Live at Irving Plaza 4.18.06 Universal South Country
      Damien Jurado And Now That I'm in Your Shadow Secretly Canadian Rock
      Joe Lally Listen Now! There to Here Buy Now!
      Dischord Rock
      The Last Poets Very Best of the Last Poets Buy Now!
      Snapper UK Spoken Word
      Taj Mahal Songs for the Young at Heart Buy Now!
      Music for Little People Blues
      Eric Matthews EP Buy Now! Empyrean Rock
      Melvins Senile Animal Buy Now! Ipecac Rock
      Mercury Rev Essential Mercury Rev Universal International Rock
      Andy Partridge Fuzzy Warbles Collector's Box Set Buy
      Now! Rock
      Robert Pollard Listen Now! Normal Happiness Buy Now!
      Merge Rock
      Portastatic Listen Now! Be Still Please Buy Now! Merge Rock
      Robert Randolph Listen Now! Colorblind Buy Now! Warner
      Bros. Rock
      The Riverdales Listen Now! Riverdales [Bonus Tracks] Buy
      Now! Asian Man Rock
      Nikki Sudden Listen Now! Truth Doesn't Matter Buy Now!
      Secretly Canadian Rock
      Johnny Thunders Too Much Junkie Business Buy Now!
      Recall Rock
      Transmissionary Six Listen Now! Radar Buy Now! Roslyn
      Recordings Rock
      Tuxedomoon Listen Now! Ghost Sonata Buy Now! Crammed Disc
      Tuxedomoon Listen Now! Desire Buy Now! Crammed Disc Rock
      Tuxedomoon Listen Now! Holy Wars Buy Now!
      Crammed Disc Rock
      Tuxedomoon Listen Now! Pinheads on the Move Buy Now!
      Crammed Disc Rock
      Vandermark 5 Listen Now! Discontinuous Line Buy Now!
      Atavistic Jazz
      Fats Waller Complete Recorded Works, Vol. 2: A Handful of
      Keys JSP Jazz
      Bobby Womack Listen Now! Across 110th Street Buy Now!
      Snapper UK R&B
      Betty Wright I Love the Way You Love Me Buy Now!
      Water R&B
      Tammy Wynette Ways to Love a Man/Tammy's Touch Buy
      Now! Raven Country
      The Yardbirds Rave Up With the Yardbirds Buy Now!
      United States Dist Rock
      Message 53 of 53 , Dec 28, 2006
        Culled from AMG: <http://allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=23::652~T1>

        Artist Album Label Genre
        Chet Baker/Art Pepper Complete Recordings Lonehill Jazz Jazz
        Jools Holland Moving Out to the Country WEA International Rock
        Mos Def Tru3 Magic Geffen Rap
        Sonny Rollins Saxophone Colossus [Bonus Tracks] Jazz
        The Saints Cabaret at the Roundhouse: Live 1977 Buy Now! Rock
        Adrian Maxwell Sherwood Becoming a Cliche Buy Now! EMI Rock
        Les Violons du Roy Listen Now! Astor Piazzolla: Works for Strings
        [Hybrid SACD] Buy Now! Atma Classique Classical