Playlist: "Does Your Hometown Really Care:The John Henry Show" 8.31.06

  • jason baldinger
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2006
      Playlist: "Does Your Hometown Really Care:The John Henry Show" 8.31.06
      7 hours and 10 Minutes of John Henry

      Program: Does Your Hometown Really Care?
      Date: 08-31-2006 , 09:30 to 08-31-2006 , 17:30

      Ross Bolleter -- Secret Sandhills And Satellites -- Time Waits
      Various Artists -- Ethnic Minority Music of Northeast Cambodia -- Six Phnong Gong Players
      Espers -- II -- Dead King
      John Wiese -- Black Magic Pond -- 1

      Fiddlin' John Carson -- Vol 1: 1923-1924 -- John Henry Blues
      V/A -- Appalachian Breakdown -- Etta Baker/ John Henry
      V/A-- Harry Smith Connection -- John Jackson/ John Henry
      Frances Faye -- Sings Folk Songs -- John Henry
      V/A -- Blues Songbook -- Gabriel Brown/ John Henry
      V/A-- Mountain Music of Kentucky -- Bill Cornett/ John Henry
      John Fahey -- Vol 1: Blind Joe Death -- John Henry
      V/A -- Deep River of Song: Black Appalachia -- Sid Hemphill, Lucius Smith, Will Head & Alec Askew/ John Henry

      Sudden Infant -- Radiorgasm -- 1

      V/A -- Southern Journey Vol. 2: Ballads and Breakdowns -- Glen Stoneman/ John Henry
      Ramblin' Jack Elliott -- The Lost Topic Tapes: Isle of Wight 1957 -- Ballad Of John Henry
      V/A -- Blues Masters Vol. 18: More Slide Guitar Classics -- Eddie One String Jones/ John Henry
      V/A -- American Primitive Vol II: Pre War Revenants (1897 - 1939) -- 2 Poor Boys/ John Henry
      Charlie McCoy -- Good Time Charlie -- John Henry
      Woody Guthrie -- Sings Folk Songs -- John Henry
      Little Jimmy Dickens -- Big Songs -- John Henry
      V/A -- Travelling Through The Jungle -- Sid Hemphill/ John Henry

      Merzbow -- Sha Mo 3000 -- T/T
      George Pegram -- S/T -- John Henry
      V/A -- Anthology Of American Folk Music -- The Williamson Brothers & Curry/ Gonna Die With A Hammer In My Hand
      V/A -- The Modern Downhome Blues Sessions Vol 4 -- PineTop Slim/ John Henry
      Washboard Band -- Country Dance Music -- John Henry
      Hobart Smith -- In Sacred Trust -- John Henry
      Various Artists -- Prison Songs Vol. 2: Dont'cha Hear Poor Mother Calling? -- 22 & Group/ John Henry
      V/A -- Fonotone Records Story -- Mason O'Bavion/ John Henry
      Mississippi Fred McDowell -- Mama Says I'm Crazy -- John Henry

      Death By A Thousand Cuts -- Death By A Thousand Cuts -- Black Circle

      Tennesee Ernie Ford -- This Lusty Land -- John Henry
      Marty Stuart -- The Pilgrim -- Mr. John Henry, The Steel Driver
      Blind James Campbell -- Blind James Campbell and His Nashville Street Band -- John Henry
      Big Bill Broonzy -- Sings Folk Songs -- John Henry
      Tangle Eye -- Alan Lomax's Southern Journey Remixed -- John Henry
      Hazel Dickens & Alice Gerard -- Pioneeering Women Of Bluegrass -- John Henry
      Odetta -- at Carnegie Hall -- John Henry
      Paul Robeson -- Odessey Of -- John Henry
      Mississippi John Hurt -- Avalon Blues: The complete 1928 Okeh Recordings -- Spike Driver Blues

      Arvo Part -- Da Pacem -- Salve Regina

      Jerry Reed -- Nashville Underground -- John Henry
      Various Artists -- Southern Journey Vol. 5: Bad Man Ballads -- Ed Lewis/ John Henry
      Lloyd Green -- CD -- John Henry
      V/A -- American Banjo: Three-Finger and Scruggs Style -- Snuffy Jenkins/ John Henry
      V/A -- From Spirituals To Swing -- Sonny Terry & Bull City Red/ The New John Henry
      V/A-- Classic Folk Music -- Doc Watson/ John Henry
      Bassholes -- Haunted Hill -- John Henry

      Sote -- Dastgaah -- 3

      Johnny Cash -- Blood, Sweat & Tears -- Legend Of John Henry's Hammer
      Jimmie Tarlton -- Steel Guitar Rag -- John Henry
      Richard Dyer-Bennet -- 5 -- John Henry

      No Neck Blues Band & Embryo -- EmbryoNNCK -- Das Erste Mal

      Josh White -- Story Of John Henry -- T/T
      Tom T. Hall -- The Storyteller -- More About John Henry
      V/A -- Sounds of The South -- The Mountain Ramblers/ John Henry

      Richard Youngs / Simon Wickham-Smith -- 5 Years -- 2002

      Leadbelly -- Lead Belly's Last Sessions -- John Henry
      Duane Eddy -- Songs Of Our Heritage -- John Henry
      Steve Martin -- The Steve Martin Brothers -- John Henry
      Merle Travis -- Hot Pickin' -- John Henry
      Furry Lewis -- Harmonica Blues -- John Henry
      Johnny Horton -- CD -- John Henry
      The New Christy Minstrels -- Land Of Giants -- John Henry & The Steam Drill
      Sam McGee -- The Essential -- Flat Top Picking Sam McGee

      Warren Burt -- The Animation of Lists/The Archytan Transpositions -- 1

      Maddox Brothers & Rose -- Live On the Radio -- John Henry
      Uncle Dave Macon -- Classic Sides 1924-1938 -- Death Of John Henry
      V/A -- Black Banjo Songsters of North Carolina & Virginia -- James Roberts/ John Henry
      John Renbourn -- S/T -- John Henry
      Van Morrison -- Philosopher's Stone -- John Henry
      Deford Bailey -- S/T -- John Henry
      John Cephas & Phil Wiggins -- Dog Days of August -- John Henry
      V/A -- Deep River Of Song: Georgia -- Reese Cranshaw/ John Henry

      Black Sand Desert -- Choking On Grave Soil -- 1

      Ralph Stanley -- Ralph Stanley -- Death Of John Henry
      V/A -- Times Ain't Like The Used To Be Vol 2 -- Earl Johnson & His Dixie Entertainers
      Kentucky Colonels -- S/T -- John Henry
      Pete Seeger -- American Favorite Ballads, Vol. 1 -- John Henry
      Clarence Jackson -- Coutry Swinging Slide Guitar Picking -- John Henry
      The Old Joe Clarks -- CD -- John Henry
      Jerry Lee Lewis -- Old Tyme Coutry Favorites -- John Henry
      John Jackson -- Don't Let Your Deal Go Down -- John Henry

      Andrew Lamb Trio -- New Orleans Suite -- Katrina's Path

      Memphis Slim -- Bad Luck & Troubles -- John Henry
      Snakefarm -- Songs From My Funeral -- John Henry
      Flatt & Scruggs -- The World Of... -- John Henry
      Pink Anderson -- CD -- John Henry
      V/A -- Black Banjo Songsters of North Carolina & Virginia -- Joe & Odell Thompson/ John Henry
      V/A -- Harry Smith's Anthology Of American Folk Music V. 4 -- J.E Mariner's Moutaineer's/ John Henry
      V/A-- Smithsonian Collection Of Classic Country -- Lilly Bros./ John Henry
      Ronnie Hawkins & The Hawks -- Sings Folk Songs -- John Henry
      Various Artists

      Plainswalkers -- Plainswalkers -- T/T

      Dock Boggs -- His Folkways Years -- John Henry
      The Stanley Brothers -- An Evening Long Ago -- John Henry
      V/A -- Mountain Music of Kentucky -- Grigsby & Young/ John Henry
      Doo Rag -- Chunked & Muddled -- John Henry
      Wayne Erbsen -- CD -- John Henry
      Joan Baez -- Best Of -- John Henry
      V/A -- Classic Railroad Songs -- Henry Grady Terrell/ John Henry
      Wade Mariner -- CD -- John Henry
      V/A -- Classic Mountain Songs -- Leslie Riddle/ John Henry

      Greg Kelley -- The Traditions Of The Past Cannot Be Retrieved -- T/T

      Earl Scruggs -- Classic Bluegrass Live -- John Henry
      Furry Lewis -- 4th & Beale -- John Henry
      V/A -- There Is No Eye -- Bill Monroe/ John Henry
      Doc Watson/Clarence Ashley -- Original Folkways Recordings -- John Henry
      The Limeliters -- Best Of -- John Henry
      tony furtado -- CD -- John Henry
      The New Lost City Ramblers -- Twenty Years Concert Performance -- John Henry
      Johnson Mountain Boys -- CD -- John Henry

      Jenny Lin -- The Eleventh Finger -- Shiraz

      Mississippi John Hurt -- The Complete Studio Recordings -- Spike Driver Blues
      Mike Seeger -- Southern Banjo Sounds -- John Henry
      V/A -- Classic African-American Ballads -- Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee/ John Henry
      The Smothers Brothers -- Best Of -- John Henry
      Various Artists -- Songs Of Rural America -- Hylo Brown/ Little John Henry
      Big Bill Broonzy -- The Big Bill Broonzy Story -- John Henry

      Death Knell -- Plenty For Cutting -- 1

      Drive-By Truckers -- The Dirty South -- The Day John Henry Died
      Mystik Journeymen -- Living Legends -- John Henry
      Creation is Crucifixion -- 3 song ep -- The Iconography Of John Henry*
      Songs: Ohia -- CD -- John Henry Split My Heart

      CD = A MIx CD Of Various John Henry Tracks made by a friend for the show
      * = Request

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 31, 2006
        Did you use a macro to type that playlist, Jason?

        Carl Z.
        who loves good use of WRCT's random schedule periods