Re: [fearnwhiskey] Playlist for Memphis to Manchester on August 03, 2006

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 9, 2006
      Good stuff to catch, John. I've been listening to Stand In The Fire a lot
      this week -- it and The Soft Boys's Portland Arms album may be my favorite
      concert albums ever released.

      Carl Z.

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 9, 2006
        That would be onetime P2 regular David Cantwell, who's popped up around here
        occasionally, and is one of the best music writers out there. Aside from
        the blog, you can find good stuff from him in the pages of No Depression,
        and I highly recommend his and Bill Friskics-Warren's book Heartaches By The
        Number.

        Carl Z.

      • rinderpeste1@iinet.net.au
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 9, 2006
          Thanks, Carl.

          Re "Heartaches By the Numbers", yes I really must pick up a copy of this.

          Btw, and completely unrelated, last night I saw part of a song by the Rev
          Horton Heat which was a hoot and very enjoyable. I havent heard of him before -
          any comments?

          Linda