Clip: Yo La Tengo Reveal New Song, Tour

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2006
      You can also find Yo La Tengo Is Murdering the Classics (a fun and
      surprisingly coherent collection of the band's covers by request for
      WFMU's fundraisers) at yolatengo.com.

      Yo La Tengo Reveal New Song, Tour

      For those of you who missed their set at this past weekend's glorious
      Pitchfork Music Festival, Yo La Tengo want you to know they still care
      about you, even though they will still beat your ass. Their new album,
      the amazingly titled, previously reported upon I Am Not Afraid of You
      and I Will Beat Your Ass comes out September 12 (September 4 in
      Europe) on Matador.

      The label's website claims it is "certain to win Nobel Prize
      consideration." Not the peace prize, we assume.

      Fortunately, the folks at Matador are letting you judge all this for
      yourself. They already posted "Beanbag Chair", and now they've given
      us "Pass the Hatchet, I Think I'm Goodkind", a fuzzed out, largely
      instrumental track with a propulsive bass line and Ira's down-the-hall
      and probably through-a-megaphone vocals.

      In addition to the digital goodies Matador is rationing before the
      ass-beating begins, the band also has some flesh-and-blood tour dates
      planned for this summer and fall. Of course, they won't be followed by
      Spoon and Os Mutantes, but that only happens...well, once. Check out
      the dates after the jump.

      Yo Dates Tengo:

      08-13 Saratoga, CA - Montalvo Arts Center (Bleeding Edge Festival)
      09-02 Dublin, Ireland - Electric Picnic Festival
      09-03 Glasgow, Scotland - Indian Summer Festival
      09-05 London, England - Bush Hall
      09-25 Asbury Park, NJ - Stone Pony
      09-26 Washington, DC - 9:30 Club
      09-28 Boston, MA - Avalon
      09-29 Jersey City, NJ - The Loew's Jersey Theatre
      10-04 Ann Arbor, MI - Michigan Theater
      10-05 Chicago, IL - Vic Theatre
      10-14 Vancouver, British Columbia - Richard's on Richards
      10-15 Seattle, WA - Showbox
      10-16 Portland, OR - Crystal Ballroom
      10-19 San Francisco, CA - Fillmore
      10-20 San Francisco, CA - Fillmore
      10-21 San Francisco, CA - Fillmore
      10-23 Los Angeles, CA - Henry Fonda Theater
      11-11 London, England - Forum

      Posted by Dave Maher in audio, tour on Tue: 08-01-06: 10:30 AM CDT