Re: [fearnwhiskey] Clip: Juddy on what is known as Boxstep these days

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 27, 2006
      Heh. Perfect description of his attack. I'm glad to hear the new EP is
      nothing like Fiveball; I really liked Boxstep's first CDR (in large part
      because it sounds more immediate than the subsequent discs) and your review
      sounds promising.

      Carl Z.

      On 7/27/06, Justin Hopper <juddy@...> wrote:

      > Fiveball was, indeed, dreadful - despite the then-larval
      > soon-to-be-brilliant drumming of Matt "Human Brains" Mihalcin, years
      > before being voted "Drummer you'd least like to lend your kit to" in
      > InPittsburgh...

      After repeat listenings, and going back a li'l bit in the Boxstep
      > catalog, this new disc is definitely the best one - despite its brevity.
      > (Because of?)
      >
      > The songs are great, it's immediate, fully-realized, but without any of
      > the good-god pretension they've had at times...
      >
      > Boxstep's dead, long live ... you know what I mean.
      >
      > Juddy
      > (Lurking in the shadows... and tired, oh so tired...)

    • Justin Hopper
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 27, 2006
        I've always hoped desperately for Boxstep/Eric to get absolutely
        MASSIVE, not just for his sake (cuz he's a good guy), but so that my
        Fiveball seven-inch becomes extraordinarily valuable.

        ;)

        juddy