Playlist: "Viva Le Mock" 6/30/06

  • Mock the DJ
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2006
      WRCT 88.3 fm
      www.wrct.org
      Pittsburgh, PA

      Program: Viva le Mock
      Date: 06-30-2006; 9p - 1a
      The Mock: Chuck Berry

      Artist -- Song (Original Artist) [Comments]

      Lou Reed -- My Name is Mok
      Nico -- Abschied
      The Twilight Singers -- Summertime (Gershwin)
      Jolie Holland -- Mexican Blue
      Reckless Kelly & Joe Ely -- Rider in the Rain (Randy Newman)

      Old 97's -- Cryin' Drunk
      The New Amsterdams -- Turn Out the Light
      Elvis Costello and the Attractions -- Green Shirt
      Grand Champeen -- No Action (E. Costello)
      The Little Killers -- Been So Long

      Gary Glitter -- Do You Wanna Touch Me? (Oh Yeah)
      Bare Jr. -- You Blew Me Off
      Joan Jett -- Doing All Right with the Boys (G. Glitter)
      The Morning After Girls -- Hi-Skies

      Belle & Sebastian -- Piazza, New York Catcher
      Blanket Music -- Backdrop
      Richard Hawley -- Some Candy Talking (The Jesus & Mary Chain)
      [Richard used to be in Pulp]
      The Troggs -- With a Girl Like You
      Bikeride -- A Summer Song (Chad & Jeremy)

      Agent Orange -- Pipeline (The Chantays)
      MC5 -- 19th Nervous Breakdown (The Rolling Stones)
      Demolition Doll Rods -- We Will Ride
      The Ramones -- Palisades Park* (Chuck Barris)
      [The request was for the original by Freddy Cannon, but I played this
      version instead. And yes, this is the same 'Chuck Barris' who hosted the
      Gong Show in the 70's]
      Guitar Wolf -- Missile Me

      Stan Ridgway -- Drive, She Said
      Matthew Sweet -- American Girl (Tom Petty)
      The Yayhoos -- What Are We Waiting For
      Joe Jackson -- I'm the Man
      Eleventh Dream Day -- Dissolution

      Modest Mouse -- Sleepwalking (Couples Only Dance Prom Night)* (Santo &
      Johnny)
      Ryan Adams -- Nuclear
      Sid Vicious -- My Way* (Frank Sinatra)

      The Prissteens -- (I'd Go The) Whole Wide World (Wreckless Eric)
      Wreckless Eric -- Semaphore Signals
      [@ The Brillobox 7/23]
      A Minor Forest -- Lady (Little River Band)
      Travel -- Face First Into the Darkness
      Mojo Nixon and Skid Roper -- Mushroom Maniac
      The Dead Milkmen -- Punk Rock Girl

      Violent Femmes -- Gone Daddy Gone
      [@ Point State Park 7/1]
      Carmaig de Forest -- Can I Die For You Baby
      Manic Street Preachers -- Suicide is Painless (Theme from MASH)
      (Altman/Mandel)
      Grandaddy -- Disconnecty
      Wussy -- Conversation Lags

      Girl Talk -- Warm it Up
      This Song Is A Mess and So Am I -- Parting Sea
      The Like Young -- For Money or Love
      Eddie and the Hot Rods -- Do Anything You Wanna Do

      THE MOCK: Chuck Berry
      Silicon Teens -- Memphis Tennessee (Chuck Berry)
      The Milkshakes -- Sweet Little Sixteen (Chuck Berry)
      The Sonics -- Roll Over Beethoven (Chuck Berry)
      Dave Edmunds -- No Money Down (Chuck Berry)
      The Maybellines -- Come On
      [@ Arsenal Lanes 8/9]
      Great Plains -- Chuck Berry's Orphan
      Killbilly -- Maybelline (Chuck Berry)
      Carl Perkins -- Brown-Eyed Handsome Man (Chuck Berry)
      Hasil Adkins -- Let it Rock (Chuck Berry)
      Bobby Bare Jr. -- Dig Down
      [Contains the line: "Chuck Berry, Chuck Berry, you wrote the only original
      song"
      Jonathan Richman and the Modern Lovers -- Back in the USA (Chuck Berry)
      Jad Fair and Kramer -- Around and Around (Chuck Berry)
      The Toasters -- Chuck Berry
      The Scientists -- Don't You Lie to Me (Chuck Berry)
      Kinks -- Too Much Monkey Business (Chuck Berry)
      Flamin' Groovies -- Carol (Chuck Berry)

      Carla Bozulich -- Inside Sleeps
      The Jody Grind -- Eight-Ball
      Neko Case & Her Boyfriends -- Duchess