Ted Sirota's Rebel Souls

  • Dave Purcell
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 20, 2006
      Anyone out here familiar with them? I just discovered their latest,
      Breeding Resistance, on Emusic over the weekend. I found them by linking
      on Jeff Parker, who has played guitar with Tortoise and Ernest Dawkins,
      among others.

      I'm blown away, it's my favorite discovery of the year so far. Imagine
      classic Mingus (including the politics) mixed with bits of Fela, reggae,
      and dub. It's brilliant, I can't stop listening. I'm going to track down
      the rest of their catalog this week.

      There are three good reviews of Breeding Resistance here:
      http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/review_center.php?in_album=Breeding%20Re
      sistance

      I'm also getting into Tortoise about 10 years after the fact...;-)

      dp

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 20, 2006
        I haven't heard them, but will based on your review. I think it's now 12
        years after the fact on Tortoise, but it's worth the wait...