Clip: Brian Eno Reunites With Roxy Music (For Real)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1 4:49 AM
      <http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/news/06-05/31.shtml>

      Brian Eno Reunites With Roxy Music (For Real)

      Kati Llewellyn reports:
      It's a bird! No, it's a plane! IT'S A FLYING PIG! And only when pigs
      fly does Brian Eno reunite with Roxy Music. The much-rumored return of
      the legendary producer/artist/professor/anti-war activist/thinker to
      the band that gave him his first taste of fame was confirmed recently
      by Eno, in an interview with Richard Williams of the British paper the
      Guardian.

      Roxy Music members Bryan Ferry, Andy Mackay, Phil Manzanera, and Paul
      Thompson got together early last year, touring the festival circuit
      before settling down to record the follow-up to 1982's Avalon, which
      is slated for release this autumn. Eno, who last appeared on 1973's
      For Your Pleasure, wrote two songs for the forthcoming album, and
      worked a bit of keyboard magic on other tracks. "The band hadn't
      changed one bit in terms of its internal dynamics," he told the
      Guardian. "Just the same chemistry. It made me wonder if people can
      ever change the chemistry between them. After all that time, the
      relationships seemed exactly the same."

      As is to be expected, Eno will not take the stage with Roxy Music.
      "They didn't ask me, I think because they know I wouldn't," he said.
      "I don't fancy it. I basically don't like playing live and I'm also
      worried about people saying, 'Oh, right, he's going back to the old
      band, then.' It was a big decision for me to do those two days in the
      studio with them. Not that I don't like them. I like them all. They're
      nice people. But because I thought, 'Oh, fuck, I'm going to have to
      spend years talking about this, and it was only two days.'"

      Eno recently appeared at England's Bath International Music Festival
      in collaboration with pianist Joanna McGregor and a choir. As
      previously reported, he also worked with Paul Simon on Surprise, which
      came out earlier this month.

      According to Brian Ferry's official website, a Roxy Music remix album
      is in the works, and the band will play several European shows this
      July.

      Country life:

      07-05 Dublin, Ireland - Vicar Street
      07-06 Cork, Ireland - The Marquee
      07-08 Werchter, Belgium - Werchter Festival
      07-09 Weert, Holland - Bospop Festival
      07-12 Athens, Greece - Karaiskaki Stadium
      07-13 Thessaloniki, Greece - Gis Amphitheatre
      07-14 Ohrid, Macedonia - Ohrid Amphitheatre
      07-16 Belgrade, Serbia - Belgrade Arena
      07-18 Padova, Italy - Villi Contarini
      07-19 Rome, Italy - Cavea
      07-21 St. Polten, Austria - Lovely Days Festival
      07-22 London, England - Rock the Dock

      Oh, and if anyone can crack fan site EnoWeb's The Da Roxy Code, please
      let us know.

      * EnoWeb (Fan Site): http://enoweb.co.uk/
      * Roxy Music (Fan Site): http://www.roxymusic.co.uk/
      * Bryan Ferry: http://www.bryanferry.com/