Re: [fearnwhiskey] RIP Grant McLennan

  • Steve Gardner
    Message 1 of 3 , May 7, 2006
      Ugh. I hadn't heard about this. :(

      I've gotten to work with Grant over at Yep Roc, including a trip last year
      with them to NYC where he introduced me to my favorite bar in the city, the
      Hi-Fi. I was just there last weekend and I was thinking of him. They have
      nine Go-Betweens albums on the jukebox there. Obviously, the owner is a big
      fan too.

      Much much too young...

      steve
    • Dave Purcell
      Message 2 of 3 , May 7, 2006
        Carl Z wrote:

        <<Very sad news. Arguably the recent Go-Betweens records were the best
        they've done. Oceans Apart was marvellous, one of the best records I
        heard last year.>>

        Very sad news, indeed. Oceans Apart got me interested in them again and
        I've been playing them a lot lately.

        Interesting post, Steve -- glad to hear he was a good guy.

        dp