Playlist: "Viva Le Mock" 4/14/06

  • Mock the DJ
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3 4:16 AM
      Two recent releases feature Left Banke covers...so, why not throw them under
      the Mocklight? And wouldn't you know that I discovered yet another great
      song for the Mock...days after this show originally aired!

      -Paul

      WRCT 88.3 fm
      5000 Forbes Ave.
      Pittsburgh, PA 15213
      www.wrct.org

      Program: Viva le Mock
      Date: 04-14-2006
      The Mock: The Left Banke

      Artist -- Song (Original Artist) [comments]

      Lou Reed -- My Name is Mok
      Slint -- Good Morning, Captain
      The Wolverton Brothers -- Peace March
      Jonathan Kane -- I Looked at the Sun

      The Breeders -- Happiness is a Warm Gun (The Beatles)
      Jiggsaw -- Mars
      Lilys -- Still In All the Glitter
      Eugenius -- Easter Bunny
      [Today is Good Friday!]
      The Essex Green -- Don't Know Why (You Stay)

      Arson Garden -- Drink a Drink of You
      Eleventh Dream Day -- Dissolution
      [One of the Mockster's favorite CDs of 2006!!]
      Robert Pollard -- Lightshow
      Tommy Keene -- Warren in the 60's
      [Is it me? Or does this song owe a lot to...]
      Big Star -- Watch the Sunrise

      Elf Power -- An Old Familiar Scene
      West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band -- 'Scuse Me, Miss Rose
      Small Faces -- Hey Girl
      Material Issue -- Blockbuster (Sweet)

      The Webb Brothers -- Summer People*
      Camera -- Let The Sun Come In
      [@ Brillobox 4/22]
      The Rogers Sisters -- The Clock
      Berlin -- The Metro
      Tahiti 80 -- Easy Way Out

      New Order -- Age of Consent
      Fine China -- We Rock Harder Than You Ever Knew
      [Is it me? Or did that song rip off New Order?]
      Yo La Tengo -- You Can Have it All
      The Monkees -- Porpoise Song
      The Flaming Lips -- Mr. Ambulance Driver

      Old 97's -- Book of Poems
      [Rhett Miller @ The Rex 4/14]
      Gladys -- Peter Cottontail
      [What day is it again?]
      Drive-By Truckers -- Aftermath USA
      Southern Culture on the Skids -- Doublewide
      The Hi-Frequencies -- 225
      [@ Club Cafe 5/20]

      Telefon Tel Aviv -- When It Happens, It Moves All By Itself*
      Radiohead -- Optimistic
      Suicide -- Cherree
      Grizzly Bear -- Deep Seas Diver
      Love and Rockets -- Kundalini Express*

      Cher U.K. -- College Song
      Aftertax -- Geek
      [Taxes due on Monday!]
      The Rakes -- Retreat

      THE MOCK: THE LEFT BANKE
      Matthew Sweet and Susanna Hoffs -- She May Call You Up Tonight (Left Banke)
      Marshall Crenshaw -- Walk Away Renee (Left Banke)
      Stories -- Hello People (Left Banke)
      Eels -- Pretty Ballerina (Left Banke)
      Billy Bragg -- Walk Away Renee (Version) (Left Banke)
      The Grip Weeds -- Lazy Day (Left Banke)

      The Windbreakers -- Saw You Again
      R.E.M. -- Camera
      Violent Femmes -- Good Feeling
      Golden Smog -- Cowboy Song (Thin Lizzy)
      The Dead Milkmen -- Beach Song

      The Softies -- Winter Pageant
      Holiday -- Broadway Angel
      Tortoise & Bonny Prince Billy -- Daniel (E. John)
      Julian Cope -- Wreck My Car*
      Haysi Fantayzee -- Shiny Shiny

      Gene Autry -- Peter Cottontail

      *requests