Clip: New Leonard Cohen film

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 24, 2006
      <http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/news/06-04/24.shtml>

      Leonard Cohen Celebrated in New Film

      Amy Phillips reports:
      Mel Gibson is a bigger Leonard Cohen fan than you are. Yup, Mel Gibson
      is such a big Leonard Cohen fan that he executive produced a movie
      about him: Leonard Cohen: I'm Your Man, due in theaters June 21. What
      have you done for Leonard Cohen lately, huh?

      Part documentary and part concert film, I'm Your Man centers around a
      January 2005 Australian tribute concert, "Came So Far for Beauty",
      organized by producer Hal Willner and featuring performances by
      Antony, Nick Cave, Jarvis Cocker, Rufus Wainwright, Kate & Anna
      McGarrigle, Martha Wainwright, Beth Orton, Linda Thompson, Teddy
      Thompson, the Handsome Family, Julie Christensen, and Perla Battala.
      Cohen himself performs "Tower of Song" with U2.

      The movie also includes behind-the-scenes action and interviews in
      which "Cohen himself reveals his trademark wry humor and soulful
      intensity, using his own artwork, poetry and personal collection of
      photographs to reflect upon his colorful past and his creative
      process," according to a press release.

      I'm Your Man was directed by Lian Lunson, whose previous claims to
      fame include a PBS documentary about Willie Nelson and work on the
      companion CD to The Passion of the Christ, Mel Gibson's other movie
      about a Jew with a fanatical cult following.

      In related news, Cohen protégé / backup singer Anjani Thomas will
      release her album Blue Alert on May 2 in Canada and May 23 in America.
      Cohen both produced and is featured on the album.

      * Leonard Cohen: http://www.leonardcohen.com
      * Leonard Cohen - I'm Your Man: http://www.leonardcohenimyourman.com/