Re: [fearnwhiskey] this week's sign of the apocalypse

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 23, 2006
      On 4/22/06, Justin Hopper <juddy@...> wrote:

      > This is the nail in Pittsburgh's record-biz coffin. The Attic's still
      > great, but it's not enough to keep people flying here from Japan,
      > England, and Germany to go record shopping. There's gotta be a critical
      > mass.

      Jerry's is irreplacable. Since I will never have enough space to
      warrant hoarding it all for myself, I should alert out-of-towners that
      he has a phenomenal selection of country LPs, many of which have been
      out of print for 25-35 years. That room isn't scavenged as
      aggressively as the R&B section, and $20 can pick up 5-6 real gems.
      Both my and WRCT's country collections owe much to Jerry.