More Randy Newman/Sal Valentino

  • Susan McTigue
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2006
      Carl (W) wrote:

      > Wow, Susan, that's the most thorough response to an idle
      > question I think I've ever received.

      :-) You're quite welcome, to both Carls. We're nothing if not
      thorough over at Randycentral! The former archivist also weighed in
      on this with the current archivist, who emailed me:

      Val MAY have done some scratch vocals for Lenny (because he was
      doing a Brummels record at the time) - but nothing has been
      confirmed. Valentino has been apparantly saying this for years, but
      Lenny and Randy have not.

      He believes there IS a good chance Val did "guide vocals" for the
      orchestra, but nothing exists. There is no proof ... he believes
      Valentino probably did a little something.

      Chances are better that Randy did the scratch vocals himself, though
      he certainly did from "12 Songs" on...
      ---
      > Also glad to hear Randy's on the mend - a Toronto concert was
      > one of his cancellations, and I hope it gets rescheduled.

      Me, too. I look forward to reading your review!

      Susan