Re: Re: [fearnwhiskey] next week's new releases & reissues

  • Chris Hill
    Message 1 of 142 , Feb 28, 2006
      >> >Pinetop Seven Beneath Confederate Lake (Empyrean)
      >>
      >> This is a great surprise. I didn't know they were following up _The
      >> Night's Bloom_ so quickly. But they don't list anything on their
      >> website. Anyone have any more details?
      >>
      >> The vinyl TNB includes three non-cd tracks - maybe they're included
      >> here? (hopefully).

      >It's possible. From the Empyrean website: "*Beneath Confederate Lake* is a
      >collection of previously unreleased material, primarily taken from the
      >sessions that produced 2005's widely celebrated album The Night's Bloom. The
      >collection also includes pieces recorded for the independent film Numinmata,
      >a cover of Tom T. Hall's "The Promise and the Dream", and a few
      >miscellaneous tracks from the group's early years. "
      >
      >Carl Z.

      Ah, that's GREAT. Thanks, Carl!
      Message 142 of 142 , Apr 26, 2006
        Culled from ICE.
        <http://icemagazine.com/dates/228/release.asp>

        new releases
        may 02

        Current 93 Black Ships Ate the Sky (guest vocals by Marc Almond,
        Antony, Bonnie 'Prince' Billy, Shirley Collins and more) (Durtro)

        Danko Jones Sleep Is the Enemy (Razor & Tie)

        Alejandro Escovedo The Boxing Mirror (produced by John Cale) (Back
        Porch/Narada/EMI)

        Roy Hargrove Quintet Nothing Serious (w/Slide Hampton) (Verve)

        Pearl Jam Pearl Jam (J Records)

        vault releases
        may 02

        Albert King Complete at Montreux (Stax)

        Renaissance British Tour '76 (previously unreleased) (MLP)

        DVD Chuck Berry Hail! Hail! Rock 'N' Roll (Chronicles)