Playlist: "Viva Le Mock" 2/24/06

  • Mock the DJ
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2006
      WRCT 88.3 fm * Pittsburgh, PA
      www.wrct.org

      Viva Le Mock: Fridays 9p - 1a

      The Mock: Robyn Hitchcock

      Artist -- Song (Original Artist) [comments]

      Lou Reed -- My Name is Mok
      Chick Boyd -- Dream Police (Cheap Trick)
      Porn Orchard -- Why Can't I Touch It? (Buzzcocks)
      Pere Ubu -- Final Solution
      Ween -- Dr. Rock

      The Beatings -- This City is Killing Me
      The Pixies -- Gigantic
      Sparklehorse -- Rainmaker
      Robert Pollard -- Dancing Girls and Dancing Men
      Eels -- Dirty Girl

      New York Dolls -- Lonely Planet Boy
      [Just saw the film "New York Doll" - it's rather sad]
      Ken Stringfellow -- Sparrow
      The Smithereens -- Cigarette
      Eef Barzelay -- Well
      [Coming to Pgh in May]
      Wilco -- Box Full of Letters

      Chelsea -- Come On*
      The Wrens -- North to Nothing
      United States Three -- Put Your Arms Around Me
      Matthew Sweet -- American Girl (Tom Petty)
      Gladys -- Here Lie the Bones

      Steve Wynn & The Miracle 3 -- No Tomorrow
      [@ Club Cafe 3/25]
      The Minus 5 -- Twilight Distillery
      [@ Club Cafe 3/24]
      Jets to Brazil -- Air Traffic Control
      The White Stripes -- We're Going to Be Friends
      Hey Mercedes -- The Promise (When in Rome)
      The Cure -- Catch

      Neko Case -- Star Witness
      Cat Power -- Islands
      Diana Darby -- Happy
      Cowboy Junkies -- Misguided Angel

      The Silos -- Tell Me When It's Over (The Dream Syndicate)
      [@ Club Cafe 3/24]
      Slumber Party -- Electric Boots
      Seven Speed Vortex -- Here Come the Bugs
      Luna -- Indian Summer (Beat Happening)
      Leonard Cohen -- Bird on a Wire
      Billy Bragg -- Greetings to the New Brunette
      Chris Brokaw -- Move

      The Weirdos -- We Got the Neutron Bomb
      Descendents -- Pep Talk
      Pansy Division -- I Can't Sleep
      1000 Homo DJs -- Supernaut (Black Sabbath)
      The Vandals -- Disproportioned Head
      Adrian Belew -- Adidas in Heat
      Ellipsis -- Knives Out (Radiohead)

      THE MOCK: ROBYN HITCHCOCK
      The Dirtbombs -- The Executioner (Robyn Hitchcock)
      Firewater -- I Often Dream of Trains (Robyn Hitchcock)
      Roxy Music -- More Than This
      [Robyn covered this in '89]
      The Byrds -- Eight Miles High
      [Robyn covered this in '91]
      Uncle Tupelo -- I Wanna Destroy You (The Soft Boys)
      R.E.M. -- Arms of Love (Robyn Hitchcock)
      Elf Power -- Listening to the Higsons (Robyn Hitchock)

      Teenage Frames -- Happy Birthday
      [My niece's birthday was officially underway. And she turned...]
      The Mayflies USA -- Sweet 16
      Matt Costa -- Oh Dear
      Matt Pond PA -- Measure 3
      [Played Pgh 2/15]
      Tortoise & Bonny Prince Billy -- Pancho (Dave Hanner of Corbin/Hanner)
      Wes Andrews -- Leaves

      The M's -- Plan of the Man
      The Pooh Sticks -- The World is Turning On
      Camper Van Beethoven -- Life is Grand

      *requests