Re: [fearnwhiskey] Clip: Dave Hoekstra on Sam Cooke

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2005
      On 10/31/05, Linda Maxwell <rinderpeste1@...> wrote:

      > Carl, these articles on Sam Cooke are excellent - thanks for passing them
      > on!
      >
      > Sooo....how's spring shaping up in lovely Christchurch?
      >
      > Linda
      >
      > Hoekstra is one of my favorite newspaper reporters; his scope is as good
      as anyone working for a daily paper.

      Christchurch is beautiful. Though I missed the Bats' (whose new CD is
      excellent, maybe my favorite Robert Scott disc of this decade) show last
      weekend, all of the trees are in bloom. The time difference with the US
      works for me -- getting to see the White Sox win the World Series and then
      go swimming outdoors with the rest of my afternoon.