Playlist for Memphis to Manchester on October 27, 2005

  • jwmoosefan2001
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2005
      Playlist for Memphis to Manchester on October 27, 2005
      Key: Artist - Title - Album - +=Request *=New
      [Notes]

      Neville Brothers - Sister Rosa - Yellow Moon - A & M

      Bob Dylan - Oxford Town - The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan - Columbia

      The Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. - Excerpt From Chicago Speech
      9/66 - In Search Of Freedom - Poly Gram

      Randy Newman - Rednecks - Good Old Boys - Reprise / Rhino

      -------- - -------- - -------- - --------

      Albert Washington - Crazy Legs (Part 2) - Super Funk: Rare &
      Classic Funk From The Vaults 1966-73 - BGP

      The Show Stoppers - Ain't Nothin' But A House Party - Beg, Scream,
      & Shout - Rhino

      The Goodies - Sophisticated Boom Boom - One Kiss Can Lead To
      Another: Girl Group Sounds, Lost & Found - Rhino*

      -------- - -------- - -------- - --------

      Lord Rhaburn - Don't Fight It - Cult Cargo: Belize Boil-Up -
      Numero Group*

      Betty Harris - Mean Man - Saturday Night Fish Fry - Soul Jazz

      -------- - -------- - -------- - --------

      Ann Peebles - When The Candle Burns Low - I Believe To My Soul -
      Rhino / Work Songs/ Hear Music*

      Bettye LaVette - Just Say So - I've Got My Own Hell To Raise -
      Anti-*

      -------- - -------- - -------- - --------

      Chocolate Genius - The Beginning Of Always - Black Yankee Rock -
      Commotion*

      Marc Bolan & T-Rex - Hot Love - Marc Bolan & T-Rex EP - New
      Millenium

      -------- - -------- - -------- - --------

      Steve Wynn & The Miracle 3 - Bruises - ...tick ...tick ...tick -
      Blue Rose*

      The Hold Steady - Chicago Seemed Tired Last Night - Separation
      Sunday - French Kiss*

      The Constantines - Working Full-Time - Tournament Of Hearts - Sub
      Pop*

      -------- - -------- - -------- - --------

      Fiona Apple - Tymps (Sick In The Head Song) - Extraordinary
      Machine - Epic / Clean Slate*

      Joe Henry - Until You Came Into My Life - Sweetheart Love Songs -
      Hear Music

      -------- - -------- - -------- - --------

      Roky Erickson & The Aliens - If You Have Ghosts - I Have Always
      Been Here Before - Shout Factory*

      R.E.M. - I Walked With A Zombie - Where The Pyramid Meets The Eye -
      Sire / Warner Bros.

      Beasts Of Bourbon - Psycho - The Axeman's Jazz - Big Time

      Dr. Samuel Hoffman - Theremin Solo - Brain In A Box - Rhino

      -------- - -------- - -------- - --------

      The Nomads - Where The Wolf Bane Blooms - Children Of Nuggets -
      Rhino*

      Sonny Richard's Panics w/ Cindy & Misty - The Voo Doo Walk - These
      Ghoulish Things - Ace*

      Screamin' Jay Hawkins - Little Demon - Loud, Fast, & Out Of
      Control - Rhino

      -------- - -------- - -------- - --------

      Jonathan Richman - Vampire Girl - The Best Of Jonathan Richman -
      Rounder

      Screamin' Lord Sutch & The Savages - She's Fallen In Love With The
      Monster Man - Cameo-Parkway 1957-67 Box - Abkco

      Twentieth Century Fox Orchestra - Treehouse Of Horror I (Kang &
      Kodos Medley) - Brain in a Box: The Science Fiction Collection -
      Rhino

      -------- - -------- - -------- - --------

      Ronnie Cook & The Gaylads - Goo Goo Muck - Songs The Cramps Taught
      Us - Vol. 1 - STCTU

      Bo Diddley - Bo Meets the Monster - These Ghoulish Things - Ace*

      -------- - -------- - -------- - --------

      The Hold Steady - Your Little Hoodrat Friend - Separation Sunday -
      French Kiss
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 1, 2005
        In the middle of a great show (fine Halloween selections and an inspired
        opening), John played:

        > Steve Wynn & The Miracle 3 - Bruises - ...tick ...tick ...tick -
        > Blue Rose*
        >
        > ...which I just got in the mail over the weekend. It's not as sprawling as
        _Here Come the Miracles_, but as consistently excellent as the all of The
        Miracle 3's recordings. "Bruises" is my favorite song of 2005 (at least
        after Steam's "Kiss Him Goodbye" as heard at Comiskey Park).