Sin City Social Club

  • Grub Dog
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 26, 2005
      We are very happy to announce the 2nd monthly Sin City Social Club-
      Austin Chapter, THIS Saturday at Maria's Taco Express. The Sin City
      Social Club is an LA institution which is expanding to include
      Tuscon, Nashville and now Austin Featuring roots-rockin' house band
      Grub and the Gold Diggers and hosted by Mike Moxie.

      Founded by Gram Parson's daughter, Polly Parsons, the Sin City
      Social Club has a format that honors Gram's pioneering cosmic cowboy
      style by covering songs in and around this distinctive genre of
      music. Guest stars -from rock/bluegrass/rockabilly to alt.country-
      step in front of the house band each month to do their take on
      outlaw covers along with exciting original material. It's a
      hootenanny and a star-studded open mic rolled into one!

      Sin City Social Club happens
      Saturday October 29th from 4 to 9 pm
      at Maria's Taco Express
      2529 South Lamar
      Austin, TX

      Joining Grub and the Gold Diggers will be Erin Condo, John Stark,
      Chrissy Flatt, Eric Hisaw, the Hotrod Hillbillies and who knows
      who'll drop in. Last month Keith Gattis (guitarist for Dwight
      Yoakam) dropped by and led the house band in a rousing set that
      ended with an amazing "You Can't Always Get What You Want".

      Sin City Marketing is an LA based retail/lifestyle marketing firm.
      Clients and friends have included Lucinda Williams, Michelle
      Shocked, John Doe, Willie Nelson, Steve Earle, Robert Earl Keen,
      Indie 103.1, No Depression Magazine, RCA, Warner Bros. Records,
      DreamWorks Records and DualTone Records. www.sincitymarketing.com

      Austin house band Grub and the Gold Diggers are a rotating crew of
      some of Austin's finest musicians. Each month The Sin City Social
      Club will feature guest stars from Austin as well as special talents
      who are coming through town on tour. Just like the LA Sin City, you
      never know who will sit in with the house band on any given night!
      And if you're a musicianÂ… bring your axe. We can't guarantee you'll
      play, but we can't guarantee you won't either.

      Great Mexican food, great music and a great time of year to come
      celebrate a little Sin, costumes encouraged Â….