Re: [fearnwhiskey] Re: next week's new releases & reissues

  • Carl A Zimring
    Message 1 of 142 , Oct 6, 2005
      > I've got an advance on the Bill Withers; it's dual disc. Don't know
      > whether ICE mentioned that or not..But the DVD side includes a revealing
      > new interview with the man by Elvis Mitchell, and TV performances from
      > '71-'72 of Ain't No Sunshine, I'm Her Daddy. and Harlem.

      OK, they've made a sale. Is the Ain't No Sunshine some of us saw in St. Louis the one on the disc?

      A new interview....and a new track on Jimmy Buffet's duets disc. I'm starting to get hopeful about new material from Mr. Withers (now 20 years after his last album).

      > I do loike that dualDisc format. (A Nina Simone reissue is also on the
      > way out, with 8 vidoe performances on it.)

      From when? This may also free money from my wallet.

      Message 142 of 142 , Apr 26, 2006
        Culled from ICE.
        <http://icemagazine.com/dates/228/release.asp>

        new releases
        may 02

        Current 93 Black Ships Ate the Sky (guest vocals by Marc Almond,
        Antony, Bonnie 'Prince' Billy, Shirley Collins and more) (Durtro)

        Danko Jones Sleep Is the Enemy (Razor & Tie)

        Alejandro Escovedo The Boxing Mirror (produced by John Cale) (Back
        Porch/Narada/EMI)

        Roy Hargrove Quintet Nothing Serious (w/Slide Hampton) (Verve)

        Pearl Jam Pearl Jam (J Records)

        vault releases
        may 02

        Albert King Complete at Montreux (Stax)

        Renaissance British Tour '76 (previously unreleased) (MLP)

        DVD Chuck Berry Hail! Hail! Rock 'N' Roll (Chronicles)