Re: next week's new releases & reissues

  • Barry Mazor
    Message 1 of 142 , Oct 6, 2005
      I've got an advance on the Bill Withers; it's dual disc. Don't know whether ICE mentioned
      that or not..But the DVD side includes a revealing new interview with the man by Elvis
      Mitchell, and TV performances from '71-'72 of Ain't No Sunshine, I'm Her Daddy. and
      Harlem.

      I do loike that dualDisc format. (A Nina Simone reissue is also on the way out, with 8 vidoe
      performances on it.)

      Barry
      Message 142 of 142 , Apr 26 2:40 PM
        Culled from ICE.
        <http://icemagazine.com/dates/228/release.asp>

        new releases
        may 02

        Current 93 Black Ships Ate the Sky (guest vocals by Marc Almond,
        Antony, Bonnie 'Prince' Billy, Shirley Collins and more) (Durtro)

        Danko Jones Sleep Is the Enemy (Razor & Tie)

        Alejandro Escovedo The Boxing Mirror (produced by John Cale) (Back
        Porch/Narada/EMI)

        Roy Hargrove Quintet Nothing Serious (w/Slide Hampton) (Verve)

        Pearl Jam Pearl Jam (J Records)

        vault releases
        may 02

        Albert King Complete at Montreux (Stax)

        Renaissance British Tour '76 (previously unreleased) (MLP)

        DVD Chuck Berry Hail! Hail! Rock 'N' Roll (Chronicles)