Re: next week's new releases & reissues

  • Jason Gross - Perfect Sound Forever
    Message 1 of 142 , Oct 5, 2005
      >Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 16:36:19 -0400 (EDT)
      >From: "Carl A Zimring" <cz28@...>
      >
      >Culled from ICE. Some great reissues, not least the Bill Withers and
      >Dream Syndicate (not the Steve Wynn band) titles.

      Withers' debut is a great album. I have this on vinyl and it had been
      sitting in a closet for a while so this was a good reminder about what a
      strong record that is. I mean, how can you go wrong with an album with
      songs like "Ain't No Sunshine" and "Grandma's Hands" on it?

      Best,
      Jason

      Perfect Sound Forever
      online music magazine since 1993- now new and semi-improved!
      <http://www.perfectsoundforever.com>
      Message 142 of 142 , Apr 26, 2006
        Culled from ICE.
        <http://icemagazine.com/dates/228/release.asp>

        new releases
        may 02

        Current 93 Black Ships Ate the Sky (guest vocals by Marc Almond,
        Antony, Bonnie 'Prince' Billy, Shirley Collins and more) (Durtro)

        Danko Jones Sleep Is the Enemy (Razor & Tie)

        Alejandro Escovedo The Boxing Mirror (produced by John Cale) (Back
        Porch/Narada/EMI)

        Roy Hargrove Quintet Nothing Serious (w/Slide Hampton) (Verve)

        Pearl Jam Pearl Jam (J Records)

        vault releases
        may 02

        Albert King Complete at Montreux (Stax)

        Renaissance British Tour '76 (previously unreleased) (MLP)

        DVD Chuck Berry Hail! Hail! Rock 'N' Roll (Chronicles)