Re: [fearnwhiskey] next week's new releases & reissues

  • Chris Hill
    Message 1 of 142 , Oct 4, 2005
      >new releases
      >october 11

      >Gang of Four Dollar Bill (limited edition of 10,000 copies) (V2) and Return the Gift (newly recorded versions of old songs; limited two-CD edition includes bonus disc of remixes by Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Dandy Warhols, the Futureheads, Ladytron and more; ICE #220) (V2)
      >Lambchop and Hands Off Cuba CoLab EP (Merge)
      >Matt Pond PA Several Arrows Later (Altitude)

      Hadn't heard anything about the Lambchop release until just recently
      and this is the first I've read of Dollar Bill. Will have to google
      it for details. MPPA, have heard good things about - their last was
      their best to date, I thought.

      >Modest Mouse Good News For People Who Love Bad News (DualDisc; w/bonus b-side, music videos, short film, interviews and more) (Epic)

      True that the next Mark Kozelek / Sun Kill Moon is an all-MM cover
      disc?

      Chris
      np: Josh Joplin, _Jaywalkers_ Just figured out his vocals remind me
      of a tuneful Michael Stipe.
      Message 142 of 142 , Apr 26, 2006
        Culled from ICE.
        <http://icemagazine.com/dates/228/release.asp>

        new releases
        may 02

        Current 93 Black Ships Ate the Sky (guest vocals by Marc Almond,
        Antony, Bonnie 'Prince' Billy, Shirley Collins and more) (Durtro)

        Danko Jones Sleep Is the Enemy (Razor & Tie)

        Alejandro Escovedo The Boxing Mirror (produced by John Cale) (Back
        Porch/Narada/EMI)

        Roy Hargrove Quintet Nothing Serious (w/Slide Hampton) (Verve)

        Pearl Jam Pearl Jam (J Records)

        vault releases
        may 02

        Albert King Complete at Montreux (Stax)

        Renaissance British Tour '76 (previously unreleased) (MLP)

        DVD Chuck Berry Hail! Hail! Rock 'N' Roll (Chronicles)