Re: [fearnwhiskey] Paul Pena

  • Laura A Watt
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 2, 2002
      >I don't know much else about Paul Pena. I'm pretty new to him. Is
      >he still alive? Anyone know anything more about him?

      I don't have any recent news of him, but did see him play live a
      little over a year ago, in Berkeley (Carl, you may remember, this was
      Craig and I's first date!) -- very thin and feeble, but sounded
      fantastic. I don't think his health allows him to play very often,
      but he's still around and hanging in there...

      laura

      *****
      http://www.cnr.berkeley.edu/~lawatt
      "You said to me, 'You're from California;
      you laugh too easily'" --Mark Eitzel
    • Deliberate Strangers
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 3, 2002
        Paul Pena's songs on the Ellipse Art throat singing comp is great. I know
        his own CD which as released a while back is from the 70's. Does he have
        more recent stuff available?
        I'll forward the fireworks request to Ms. Scratchy.

        Tom

      • Mock the DJ
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 26, 2004
          I believe (no pun intended) that it's been mentioned here before, but you
          can find a nifty version/cover of that song on the Macha loved Bedhead CD (a
          joint effort between the bands Macha and Bedhead) as well. Worthy of
          Haywire airwaves.

          Paul

          http://wine.msn.com/