Re: Richard Thompson goes Cd Shopping

  • Barry Mazor
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 24, 2005
      . I wonder, was he was familiar with Miss Cornshucks before your NoDep article, Barry?
      > Carl Z.

      Well, I've got that long interview with him just about to come out in ND, and, of course, we
      talked even longer than hat will be in print--and he didn't mention it. But the man's shy and
      sly, so who knows. Maybe he looked me up AFTER we talked!

      Cornshucks , was very far from a household name before the reserarch I did (and she still
      isn't!) --but if more people know about her now, as a result, I'm very glad. I've been told by
      the French label that put out the Cornshucks disc RT picks up in the article that it's sold twice
      as much as their other R&B Classics releases, including ones by star names--which they
      attribute to the appearance of the article, the reprint of the article in DaCapo, etc.

      Which is swell.

      Barry
    • Carl A Zimring
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 24, 2005
        > . I wonder, was he was familiar with Miss Cornshucks before your NoDep
        > article, Barry?
        >> Carl Z.
        >
        > Well, I've got that long interview with him just about to come out in ND,
        > and, of course, we talked even longer than hat will be in print--and he
        > didn't mention it. But the man's shy and sly, so who knows. Maybe he
        > looked me up AFTER we talked!

        I just wonder where else he would have discovered her; I had no idea who she was, even with her Chicago ties, before your article.

        > Cornshucks , was very far from a household name before the reserarch I
        > did (and she still isn't!) --but if more people know about her now, as a
        > result, I'm very glad. I've been told by the French label that put out
        > the Cornshucks disc RT picks up in the article that it's sold twice as
        > much as their other R&B Classics releases, including ones by star
        > names--which they attribute to the appearance of the article, the reprint
        > of the article in DaCapo, etc.
        >
        > Which is swell.

        Yes, and all the more reason to look forward to the book!