Ethiopiques (was Playlist for Memphis to Manchester on August 18, 2005)

  • Carl A Zimring
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 18 5:37 PM
      John played:

      > Mulatu Astatke - Yekermo Sew - Broken Flowers: Music From The Film -
      > Decca* [ This collection of music from the latest Jim Jarmusch film is
      > really terrific. My first foray into Ethiopian jazz - this track grooves,
      > I tell you. Oh, and go see the movie. It's currently at the Hi-Pointe.
      > Then shake your head in amazement that Bill Murray didn't win an Oscar for
      > Lost In Translation. ]

      Broken Flowers sold out the two nights it played the local film festival, but I'm happy to read that Jarmusch is using this music. John, if the station has any of the Ethiopiques compliations, I'd like to request...well, anything for next week, but something off volume 4 might be right up your alley.