Playlist for Memphis to Manchester on August 11, 2005

  • jwmoosefan2001
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 11, 2005
      Playlist for Memphis to Manchester on August 11, 2005

      Key: Artist - Title - Album - +=Request *=New
      [Notes]

      The Impressions - The Young Mods' Forgotten Story - The Young Mods'
      Forgotten Story - Sunspots+

      The Impressions - We're A Winner - Definitive Impressions - Kent

      The Five Stairsteps - O-O-H Child - The First Family Of Soul: The
      Best Of The Five Stairsteps - Buddha

      -------- - -------- - -------- - --------

      Reverend Charlie Jackson - Wrapped Up & Tangled In Jesus - God's
      Got It - Case Quarter

      Uncle Tupelo - Satan Your Kingdom Must Come Down - March 16-20,
      1992 - Columbia / Legacy

      The Greenhornes w/ Holly Golightly - There Is An End - Broken
      Flowers: Music From The Film - Decca*

      -------- - -------- - -------- - --------

      The Soul Clan - That's How It Feels - Beg, Scream, & Shout - Rhino

      The Shirelles - Get Rid Of Him - Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow? -
      Castle*

      Flamin' Groovies - I Can't Hide - Shake Some Action - DBK Works

      -------- - -------- - -------- - --------

      Steve Dawson - Temporary - Sweet Is The Anchor - Undertow*
      [ Steve Dawson & The Love Experts will be appearing at
      Frederick's Music Lounge on September 9th (Friday). This is the CD
      release party for Steve Dawson's "Sweet Is Tbe Anchor" release on
      Undertow. Mark your calenders now - you don't want to miss "A Night
      Of Steves." ]

      Susan Cowsill - Nanny's Song - Just Believe It - Blue Rose

      -------- - -------- - -------- - --------

      L.P. - Heartless - Suburban Sprawl & Alcohol - Light Switch
      [ Appearing this Saturday (8/13) at Frederick's Music Lounge.
      Also on the bill are The Architects. ]

      Rolling Stones - Rip This Joint - Exile On Main St. - Virgin

      -------- - -------- - -------- - --------

      Aimee Mann - Going Through The Motions - The Forgotten Arm - Super
      Ego*

      Holly Golightly - Tell Me Now So I Know - Truly She Is None Other -
      Damaged Goods

      -------- - -------- - -------- - --------

      Muddy Waters - Stuff You Gotta Watch - Muddy Waters Chess Box -
      Chess / MCA

      Son Volt - Afterglow 61 - Okemah & The Melody Of Riot - Transmit
      Sound / Legacy

      Barry & The Remains - Don't Look Back - The Remains - Epic / Legacy

      -------- - -------- - -------- - --------

      Li'l Cap 'n Travis - Steady As She Goes - In All Their Splendor -
      Glurp
      [ Appearing a week from Friday (8/19) along with Magnolia Summer
      at Frderick's Music Lounge. ]

      Los Super 7 - Let Her Dance - I Heard It On The X - Telarc*

      Toni Price - Obviously 5 Believers - Hey - Antone's

      -------- - -------- - -------- - --------

      Kris Kristofferson - The Taker - The Best Of Shel Silverstein -
      Columbia / Legacy*

      Bobby Bare - The Winner - Bobby Bare Sings Lullabys, Legends, &
      Lies - Bear Family

      -------- - -------- - -------- - --------

      Candi Staton - In The Ghetto - Candi Staton - Honest Jon's

      Joe Henry - Flag - Tiny Voices - Anti

      -------- - -------- - -------- - --------

      Unrelated Segments - Story Of My Life - Garage Beat '66 Vol. 5 -
      Readin' Your Will! - Sundazed*

      The Creation - Cool Jerk - This Is The Modern World - Universal

      The Jam - This Is The Modern World - This Is The Modern World -
      Universal

      The Heart Beats - Little Latin Lupe Lu - Garage Beat '66 Vol. 5 -
      Readin' Your Will! - Sundazed*

      Beatles - Revolution - Past Masters - Vol. 2 - EMI
    • Wilson, Carl
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 11, 2005
        Hey, way too light on the commentary this week, John - don't stint your adoring fans. I look at the playlist as your weekly music column.

        carl w.