next week's new releases & reissues

  • Carl A Zimring
    Message 1 of 142 , Aug 4 3:06 PM
      Culled from ICE. Computer troubles prevented me from posting this earlier in the week, sorry about that!

      Has anyone hear the JC Hopkins disc? I'm very curious about that (he's one of Barbara Manning's best collaborators.)

      <http://www.icemagazine.com/dates/221/release.asp>

      new releases
      august 09
      Bottom of the Hudson Holiday Machine EP (Absolutely Kosher)

      Krishna Das All One (co-produced by and featuring Walter Becker of Steely Dan; w/Def Leppard's Rick Allen on drums; ICE #221) (Artemis)

      The Fleshtones Beachhead (Yep Roc)

      Eliza Gilkyson Paradise Hotel (ICE #221) (Red House)

      The Groovie Ghoulies Berry'd Alive! EP (Green Door)

      JC Hopkins Biggish Band Underneath a Brooklyn Moon (ICE #221) (Tigerlily)

      Koufax Hard Times Are in Fashion (Doghouse)

      Moggs The White Bell Is Not Enough (Absolutely Kosher)

      Nickel Creek Why Should the Fire Die? (ICE #220) (Sugar Hill)

      The Plimsouls One Night in America (live) (Oglio)

      Sons & Daughters The Repulsion Box (Domino)

      Southern Bitch Snake in the Grass (Captiva)

      Stephen Stills Man Alive (guests Neil Young, Graham Nash and Herbie Hancock; ICE #221) (Pyramid)

      Richard Thompson Front Parlour Ballads (solo acoustic album; ICE #220) (Cooking Vinyl)

      Ying Yang Twins U.S.A. (United State of Atlanta) (Chopped and Screwed) (TVT)

      VA Happy Land: Musical Tributes to Laura Ingalls Wilder (new versions of songs of 1800s America) (Pa's Fiddle)

      VA Killer Queen: A Tribute to Queen (w/Los Lobos, Joss Stone, Flaming Lips and more; ICE #221) (Hollywood)

      OST Lipstick & Dynamite (film about professional female wrestling in the '40s and '50s) (Koch)

      DVD Chris Isaak and Raul Malo Soundstage Presents (live performance w/bonus features) (Koch)

      DVD Lunachicks Naked! (live performance, interviews, backstage footage and music videos) (Go Kart)

      vault releases
      august 09
      Bardo Pond Selections Volumes I-IV (two CDs; rare and previously unreleased tracks) (ATP)

      Cursive The Difference Between Houses and Homes (Lost Songs and Loose Ends 1995-2001) (rarities and previously unreleased material) (Saddle Creek)

      Kool Keith The Lost Masters, Vol. 2 (DMAFT)

      Orange Juice The Glasgow School (ICE #218) (Domino)

      Diana Ross Lady Sings the Blues (two CDs; deluxe edition) (Chronicles)
      Message 142 of 142 , Apr 26, 2006
        Culled from ICE.
        <http://icemagazine.com/dates/228/release.asp>

        new releases
        may 02

        Current 93 Black Ships Ate the Sky (guest vocals by Marc Almond,
        Antony, Bonnie 'Prince' Billy, Shirley Collins and more) (Durtro)

        Danko Jones Sleep Is the Enemy (Razor & Tie)

        Alejandro Escovedo The Boxing Mirror (produced by John Cale) (Back
        Porch/Narada/EMI)

        Roy Hargrove Quintet Nothing Serious (w/Slide Hampton) (Verve)

        Pearl Jam Pearl Jam (J Records)

        vault releases
        may 02

        Albert King Complete at Montreux (Stax)

        Renaissance British Tour '76 (previously unreleased) (MLP)

        DVD Chuck Berry Hail! Hail! Rock 'N' Roll (Chronicles)