[Fwd: ACL Music Festival Artist Addition: Roky Erickson makes first full concert appearance in two decades]

  • jim caligiuri
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 13, 2005
      FYI

      Roky Erickson has joined the lineup for the 2005 Austin City Limits
      Music Festival. Erickson, a legendary rock & roll pioneer from Austin,
      TX, will be making his first full concert appearance in almost two
      decades. He will be backed by the Explosives, who backed Erickson for
      almost 50 shows in the early '80's. This is no doubt a historic event,
      as one of the greatest singers and most influential songwriters in rock
      history takes the stage a mile from his boyhood home in south Austin.
      For more info on Roky Erickson, please go to _www.rokyerickson.net_
      <http://www.rokyerickson.net>.

      Erickson joins more than 130 artists for the 4th annual Austin City
      Limits (ACL) Music Festival to be held September 23-25 at Zilker Park in
      downtown Austin. Confirmed artists to date include Coldplay, Widespread
      Panic, Oasis, The Black Crowes, The Allman Brothers Band, Wilco, Lyle
      Lovett, Lucinda Williams, John Prine, Robert Randolph & The Family Band,
      Jimmy Cliff, Buddy Guy, Jet, Dierks Bentley, Arcade Fire, Death Cab for
      Cutie, and many more.

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 13, 2005
        --On Monday, June 13, 2005 12:39 PM -0500 jim caligiuri <jcalig@...>
        clipped:

        > Roky Erickson has joined the lineup for the 2005 Austin City Limits
        > Music Festival.

        Awesome news. It is so great that his recovery has continued enough to
        allow this. I hope he tears the roof off the place.

        Speaking of tearing the roof off at a music festival, Twangfest was
        fantastic. The Bottle Rockets were especially amazing (best show of theirs
        I've ever seen), but the whole week showed the variety and vitality of what
        can be called alt.country thrives in 2005. I may write more later when
        I've woken up.