Clip: The Mars Volta to Curate All Tomorrow's Parties

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2005
      Festival-related news week continues. Alas, they are not booking the
      reunited Van Der Graaf Generator.

      <http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/news/05-06/06.shtml>

      The Mars Volta to Curate All Tomorrow's Parties

      Rob Kleckner reports:
      Faithful Pitchfork readers know we weren't exactly enamored with the latest
      release by the Mars Volta, Frances the Mute. But just because we may not be
      into their music doesn't mean we don't share the same interest in other
      bands. It's all one big, happy indie family. So maybe the guys should
      become professional curators.

      Well, wouldn't you know it? The Mars Volta have been tapped to curate the
      December edition of the All Tomorrow's Parties: The Nightmare Before
      Christmas-- and they've made themselves a pretty fine lineup. The Volta's
      Cedric Bixler says, "We are honored and grateful to be given the chance
      assemble a private mix tape and have it come to life."

      In addition to the Mars Volta, who will headline, the following acts have
      been confirmed: The Kills, Les Savy Fav, Blonde Redhead, Battles, Beans,
      the Fucking Champs, Damo Suzuki (of Can), Michael Rother (of Neu!), the
      Locust, Acid Mothers Temple, Mr. Quintron, Jaga Jazzist, Diamanda Galas,
      Cinematic Orchestra, High On Fire, Weird War, Year Future, 400 Blows,
      Subtitle, and Kill Me Tomorrow. Additional artists will be added in the
      coming weeks.

      The fest will be held December 2-4 at Camber Sands Holiday Camp, which is
      60 miles from London. Tickets are currently on sale, and cost £120 for a
      three-day festival pass, which includes accommodation. See ATP's official
      site for more details.

      * All Tomorrow's Parties: http://www.atpfestival.com/