Re: Sandy Denny from The Guardian

  • Barry Mazor
    Message 1 of 2 , May 6, 2005
      I'm not sure that getting Sandy into the club of Poele Famous for Being Dead will
      hlpa reputation that's prtety large among hose here for the music--but the piece
      might have mentioned that she was lead singer for the Straubs before
      Fairport--and in fcta was writiting very good songs while there, one of which,
      ifrst recorded with THAT band, was "Who Knows Where the Time Goes".

      The situation was rather like Grace Slick joining Jefferson Airlpane after leading
      the less notable The Great Society; the analogy as obvious at the time and often
      made. She brought the big song with her when she showed up. )The Strawbs,
      unlike Grace's band, had things to do on their own after that, of course)

      Barry